crazy busy weekend!
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I thought through the plans for the weekend.
First: Andrew has been asking to go to the jump zone for weeks... everyday... for weeks. Well, he wore me down :) We went on friday. It's great, there are about 7 inflatables inside and it's $6/person (Jack and I are free). So, it's a little tiny bit pricy, but the kids get sweaty so it's worth it. Open play from 5-9, so after an early dinner for the kids, we heading in and played until mommy lost it around 6:40. I bribed the kids with ice cream to get them out quickly and headed home. Yes, bribed the kids... I'm fine with bribes when necessary. Getting three kids out of a place like jump zone w/o crying sometimes takes bribing. Jack has his walking feet and no sense of "listening skills" so bribing was necessary.
Home, ice cream in front of kids, then headed out to cut the grass. It's everyone's dream friday night to cut grass, right? Yeah... don't lie... you know it is.
I hate trimming/edging... just a side note. I'd like a new trimmer/edger for my birthday please... anyone? anyone??
Saturday... Audrey walks into our room at 6:17 because we forgot to turn off her alarm!!! Goodness. Hopefully it's the last time we do that! She went back to her room until 7:20ish, thankfully. Quick breakfast for everyone then a creative drop off for Jack at the gym childcare so I could get my hair cut and colored and Phil could take Audrey and Andrew to Audrey's soccer game. Yes, we took Jack to the childcare center. No judging necessary. He's walking and likes to walk on the soccer field. We'd like to watch Audrey's soccer game for just a little bit and not chase Jack around. The childcare center allows you to drop kiddos off and leave the site on saturdays so we took advantage of it. It's costs... but every once in awhile it's worth it!
Then, we blew up this huge slide, water thing that our old neighbors gave us. It's a huge blow up thing with water and a pool at the bottom. You should have seen the kids eyes as it blew up. It was hilarious, really hilarious. Actually, you should have seen Phil's eyes as we blew it up. I knew what they gave us, he had no idea. This thing is massive and it was FREE! The kids had a blast and we all got a little sun burned, in September! They cried when we turned off the water and blower and asked to do it again on sunday. It was such a pain to dry out and clean and fold, that I can see why you wouldn't use it every weekend!!! Totally awesome though. I would have never bought one of these things, but free?! Awesome.
Then, Sunday! To church, home for quick lunch, then a trip to the corn maze. Oh how we loved the corn maze in Shakopee, MN. And, yes, those were my expectations here. First off, it was 90+ degrees. It was hot. Secondly, I thought it'd be a day trip of fun. Nope. It was 20 minutes away, did I mention it was HOT? We left here right after lunch b/c we had to be back at church at 5pm. Did I mention I thought it'd be a day trip? Jack sleeps for all of 20 minutes while we drive there. We get there, and it's HOT. We drop way too much money to wander around a corn maze while Andrew asks to go home. "can we please go home now". We fed a few goats. We rode a cow train: picture 50 gallon drums on their side with a part cut out... to sit in. Wheels are attached to the bottom and it's all pulled by a tractor. Now, picture a 35 year old mom sitting in one and holding a 3 year old. Now, picture bumps... lots of bumps... my back still hurts.
After that horrible trip, we all headed for home and went to our prospective corners to rest and recouperate. Goodness, it was hot and we were tired.
Way too much squeezed into a weekend. Wayyyyyy tooooo much.
I checked out a friend's blog about their sunday; football and picnics in the family room. What a glorious idea. Amazing. Love it. Will have to remember that for next weekend.
I promise, pics to follow. Lots of pics... Phil was having fun.
First: Andrew has been asking to go to the jump zone for weeks... everyday... for weeks. Well, he wore me down :) We went on friday. It's great, there are about 7 inflatables inside and it's $6/person (Jack and I are free). So, it's a little tiny bit pricy, but the kids get sweaty so it's worth it. Open play from 5-9, so after an early dinner for the kids, we heading in and played until mommy lost it around 6:40. I bribed the kids with ice cream to get them out quickly and headed home. Yes, bribed the kids... I'm fine with bribes when necessary. Getting three kids out of a place like jump zone w/o crying sometimes takes bribing. Jack has his walking feet and no sense of "listening skills" so bribing was necessary.
Home, ice cream in front of kids, then headed out to cut the grass. It's everyone's dream friday night to cut grass, right? Yeah... don't lie... you know it is.
I hate trimming/edging... just a side note. I'd like a new trimmer/edger for my birthday please... anyone? anyone??
Saturday... Audrey walks into our room at 6:17 because we forgot to turn off her alarm!!! Goodness. Hopefully it's the last time we do that! She went back to her room until 7:20ish, thankfully. Quick breakfast for everyone then a creative drop off for Jack at the gym childcare so I could get my hair cut and colored and Phil could take Audrey and Andrew to Audrey's soccer game. Yes, we took Jack to the childcare center. No judging necessary. He's walking and likes to walk on the soccer field. We'd like to watch Audrey's soccer game for just a little bit and not chase Jack around. The childcare center allows you to drop kiddos off and leave the site on saturdays so we took advantage of it. It's costs... but every once in awhile it's worth it!
Then, we blew up this huge slide, water thing that our old neighbors gave us. It's a huge blow up thing with water and a pool at the bottom. You should have seen the kids eyes as it blew up. It was hilarious, really hilarious. Actually, you should have seen Phil's eyes as we blew it up. I knew what they gave us, he had no idea. This thing is massive and it was FREE! The kids had a blast and we all got a little sun burned, in September! They cried when we turned off the water and blower and asked to do it again on sunday. It was such a pain to dry out and clean and fold, that I can see why you wouldn't use it every weekend!!! Totally awesome though. I would have never bought one of these things, but free?! Awesome.
Then, Sunday! To church, home for quick lunch, then a trip to the corn maze. Oh how we loved the corn maze in Shakopee, MN. And, yes, those were my expectations here. First off, it was 90+ degrees. It was hot. Secondly, I thought it'd be a day trip of fun. Nope. It was 20 minutes away, did I mention it was HOT? We left here right after lunch b/c we had to be back at church at 5pm. Did I mention I thought it'd be a day trip? Jack sleeps for all of 20 minutes while we drive there. We get there, and it's HOT. We drop way too much money to wander around a corn maze while Andrew asks to go home. "can we please go home now". We fed a few goats. We rode a cow train: picture 50 gallon drums on their side with a part cut out... to sit in. Wheels are attached to the bottom and it's all pulled by a tractor. Now, picture a 35 year old mom sitting in one and holding a 3 year old. Now, picture bumps... lots of bumps... my back still hurts.
After that horrible trip, we all headed for home and went to our prospective corners to rest and recouperate. Goodness, it was hot and we were tired.
Way too much squeezed into a weekend. Wayyyyyy tooooo much.
I checked out a friend's blog about their sunday; football and picnics in the family room. What a glorious idea. Amazing. Love it. Will have to remember that for next weekend.
I promise, pics to follow. Lots of pics... Phil was having fun.

1 Comments:
So I have a question: was it hot?
:)
What a windfall - the slide thing! Perfect for all the hotness!
Post a Comment
<< Home