the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

mommy, there's a letter in my backpack...

and you're going to be mad at me...

Oh, my sweet, sweet girl. Yes, school is supposed to be fun. But, Audrey....

See, audrey is in the monkey class. Every person has a paper monkey assigned to them... and if your monkey gets moved once it's just a warning. If you monkey gets moved twice you get a letter home to mom and dad. If your monkey doesn't get moved, you get to choose a prize from the prize bucket on friday. Audrey got a letter today. I never did get the story why her monkey got moved the first time, luckily the teacher wrote the reason for the second time on the letter home.

"playing in the bathroom and then running and yelling in the hallway". She was having fun... but not following the rules. How to teach her that she comes from a mommy and daddy whose monkey probably would have never been moved!!! I am a rule follower, I like to blend into the background, knowing that I know the answers without drawing attention to myself. Running and yelling in the hallway?! Oh my funny, funny child.

I talked to her sternly and told her I loved her but was really disappointed. I took away her favorite (I think) thing, TV. She tried to bargain with me, "can you take away gum instead?". No, I think TV is a good punishment. "how about a tushy pinch?". No, we'll stick with TV.

That was a hard one!!! We went to the park after jack woke up. Dinner. It's bath night, because the kids got sooooo dirty at the park. There wasn't actually any time for TV!!! So, I read Audrey a book and turned out the lights and then let Andrew watch a show as punishment to Audrey?! Silly, I know, but I made my point to Audrey :)

Oh, daddy called, he's on a business trip. Audrey had to tell Daddy what happened... that crushed her. Then, Phil asked me if this was serious... nooooo, it's not horribly serious, but I don't want Audrey to know that ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home