the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Friday, September 17, 2010

First Day of Preschool... for three of us!!!

Andrew started preschool last thursday!!! He's three... and in the "young three's" class. He goes to school on Mondays and Thursdays and would prefer to attend EVERY day if we let him or could afford to!!! It's funny, it's called a "kid's day out"... there are alot of programs called "mother's day out" around here (I guess it's a southern thing). I call it preschool b/c there is curriculum, it's structured, it's not daycare, etc. It's sad, when we first moved here and I was looking for preschools for Audrey, I stayed away from Mother's Day Out programs because they didn't sound like preschools! Oh well, guess I may have missed out on some good "schools".
So, Kid's Day Out. It's the first year this one has been opened. I sought it out for Jackson, to sign it up one day a week so that I could get some time to do stuff without kids! Then, Audrey started kindergarten and I got bored. I know, sounds weird, but I just stare at my walls and look at what needs to be done and what needs to be cleaned and what should be touched, moved, put away, etc. Drives me crazy. I get up and go to the gym and run errands and cook and clean and play with kids and do it all over again.
Remember, when we were in MN, I worked 15-20 hours a week!!! Granted it was very, very flexible. Most of it was done during naptime or on sundays. But, it was something I claimed.
Wow, I just hijacked Andrew's first day of school post.
So, I contacted Jack's Kid's Day Out program... signed Andrew up and interviewed for a job. I am now a 3 year old teacher at their school. No, not Andrew's teacher... that would be NUTS.

Love the program! Very academic. Very organized. And the teachers are amazing!!!! (just kidding, sort of).
So, Mondays and Thursdays we're all going to school. It's awesome and it's tiring... very tiring.
And, I no longer get a mom's day to myself. What was I thinking :)
My big three year old. Crazy, talkative, crazy three year old. He finally has his own thing. He will meet his own friends and have his own class and learn his own stuff. His own... not Audrey's!!! Yes, he's still the tag-a-long to many many of her things... but he has his own school now!!!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home