frozen thoughts :)
Gosh...
Every year we've lived here my husband has complained about the cold. He complains about it ALL year long, even when it's 95 degrees with 100% humity in August! I've always told him that he never had to stand and wait for the bus in Boston when it was freezing cold with at least a foot of snow... my toes froze... he doesn't remember any of that. Really, the weather hasn't really bothered me here... until NOW! Oh my GOSH!!! It is so stinking cold... so gosh darn stinking cold! My out door thermometer was zero about an hour ago, right now it's saying ERROR. huh?! Do you think it just gave up?! Really, it's been below zero for about 6 days or so now, not taking into account the wind chill. Yes, the wind is bitter here! Really, if I didn't have to go to church last sunday because it's work, I don't think I would have gone. We didn't leave the house again that day. Monday, I went to the gym in the morning and then didn't leave the house (and got dressed in two layers of pants and three layers of shirts... if I could have cooked with gloves on, I would have ;). I'm very, very tired of the cold... yes honey, you heard me right, I'm SICK AND TIRED of the cold! No, I don't want to live in San Diego... but I hear southern ohio is nice :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since Christmas (give or take a few weeks or so), Sweet Pea's been watching some Sesame Street every once in awhile. Never more than one episode a day, sometimes none... no biggie, it just gives me some time to do some things in the house. Well, yesterday morning, she grabbed a gift she got for Christmas that she hadn't paid much attention to... her Elmo doll. She wanted to take her Elmo to the grocery store, and he needed a hat. Yes, we took Elmo to the grocery store and he was wearing a hat! It was hilarious!!!
When she wants to watch Elmo she dances and sings, "elmo, elmo... elmo, elmo". And, Elmo is only one part of the show... just happens to be her favorite!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday, she got repremanded for something and started to cry. So, I asked her to smile for mommy and she instantly stopped crying and made her 'smile' for me. I think I've posted a picture of it... a squinty face with scruntched up nose and wrinkled lips. No more crying though! We were laughing sooo hard!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once a week, we've started going to a music class. Today, that's all she talked about all morning! She dances around and sings, "music, music". We sings songs, dance, play with sticks and bells... she has a blast! I doubt we'll do it again after this session is over because it's pretty pricey and I think I can do this stuff on my own at home... but it's fun for now.
That's it... I promise to work on more pics soon. I know, I promised it last time too... really, I'll do it soon!
Every year we've lived here my husband has complained about the cold. He complains about it ALL year long, even when it's 95 degrees with 100% humity in August! I've always told him that he never had to stand and wait for the bus in Boston when it was freezing cold with at least a foot of snow... my toes froze... he doesn't remember any of that. Really, the weather hasn't really bothered me here... until NOW! Oh my GOSH!!! It is so stinking cold... so gosh darn stinking cold! My out door thermometer was zero about an hour ago, right now it's saying ERROR. huh?! Do you think it just gave up?! Really, it's been below zero for about 6 days or so now, not taking into account the wind chill. Yes, the wind is bitter here! Really, if I didn't have to go to church last sunday because it's work, I don't think I would have gone. We didn't leave the house again that day. Monday, I went to the gym in the morning and then didn't leave the house (and got dressed in two layers of pants and three layers of shirts... if I could have cooked with gloves on, I would have ;). I'm very, very tired of the cold... yes honey, you heard me right, I'm SICK AND TIRED of the cold! No, I don't want to live in San Diego... but I hear southern ohio is nice :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since Christmas (give or take a few weeks or so), Sweet Pea's been watching some Sesame Street every once in awhile. Never more than one episode a day, sometimes none... no biggie, it just gives me some time to do some things in the house. Well, yesterday morning, she grabbed a gift she got for Christmas that she hadn't paid much attention to... her Elmo doll. She wanted to take her Elmo to the grocery store, and he needed a hat. Yes, we took Elmo to the grocery store and he was wearing a hat! It was hilarious!!!
When she wants to watch Elmo she dances and sings, "elmo, elmo... elmo, elmo". And, Elmo is only one part of the show... just happens to be her favorite!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday, she got repremanded for something and started to cry. So, I asked her to smile for mommy and she instantly stopped crying and made her 'smile' for me. I think I've posted a picture of it... a squinty face with scruntched up nose and wrinkled lips. No more crying though! We were laughing sooo hard!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once a week, we've started going to a music class. Today, that's all she talked about all morning! She dances around and sings, "music, music". We sings songs, dance, play with sticks and bells... she has a blast! I doubt we'll do it again after this session is over because it's pretty pricey and I think I can do this stuff on my own at home... but it's fun for now.
That's it... I promise to work on more pics soon. I know, I promised it last time too... really, I'll do it soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home