the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Monday, January 29, 2007

Life's been crazy...

So, a bunch of random thoughts...

No pics of Sweet Pea today... I haven't been on the ball in awhile.

Today I was talking to my friend Courtney while unpacking groceries (I had my headset plugged into my phone so I could do two things at once). I put the phone down and Sweet pea looked at me and said, "hello" while pointing to the headset. I went over and grabbed her play phone and put the headset on her and she had a blast for about 20 minutes. She looked so cute with that headset on and talking to her friends.

She continuously hands me the phone and says, "daddy?" or "Bumpy" (used to be Bumpa... her word for Grandpa). I swear she said "Boppy" instead of Bumpy or Bumpa today! How does she keep changing the name? We call Daddy at least once a day. She says "hello daddy" and then takes the phone away from her head, points to it and says, "Daddy!". She listens for a few seconds and then says, "bye bye". It's fun for her to talk to daddy during the day.

When we're out and about, whenever she sees someone with a mustache or beard, she STILL runs her finger over her lips and says Bumpa/y. It's super cute. I thought she might forget, but no!

Our computer is in our kitchen while Hubby works on a project in the basement. Sweet pea's favorite thing to do right now is look at pictures! She loves to name all of the people... ashton, mommy, daddy, audrey, bumpy, mooney (grandma... I swear it sounds like mooney), our neighbors, and jake (which she points to and says - no, no dogs - something my mom taught her at Christmas). It's super fun and she loves it.

Why have I not been on the ball lately? Well, we've been having some serious car troubles this month. Three weeks ago, the blazer wouldn't start (and I wasn't home with it!). A fuel pump and a lot of money later, it was running. Then, last tuesday, Hubby stalled with the neon on the expressway on his way home. A new transmission and a radiator and alot of money later, it is running. At this point, we decided to shop for a car in a few months, target = spring. THEN I took the blazer in for an oil change on thursday and explained a heat issue I was having. They came back with a leaking manifold gasket of some sort... basically it's leaking coolant into the oil and they wanted alot of money to get it fixed. I said thank you but no... we don't want the car anymore.

So yes, we're keeping the yucky neon and getting rid of the blazer. We've shopped for a new mini-van all weekend. YES, you heard me right... mr. hubby will soon be the proud owner of a new mini-van!!! The man that said he would never (and yes, he used words that strong), NEVER own a mini-van will be owning one by tomorrow or wednesday. Life is funny, isn't it?!

We picked out a 2006 Chrysler Town and Country. It's pretty nice and will have a warrenty which is better than driving the blazer with 149,000 miles on it just waiting for what's going to break next.

AND... if you're looking for used cars and find a 2000 red blazer with a moon roof and dark grey interior for a great deal - RUN!!! The dealer actually asked us if we would be willing to take phone calls from interested buyers... "uh, no" was our answer.

Hopefully, we'll have some fun pictures of Sweet Pea (maybe in her new van?) here soon...

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I have to say, I'm actually jealous of the mini-van! (We sure have moved into a new life phase, haven't we?!) The bigger I get, the more I wish I didn't have to bend down so far to get Owen in his seat!

7:02 PM  
Blogger thelarsenfamily said...

welcome to the van club. I love my van, so roomy and it is really coming in handy with the move coming up in a couple of days.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home