tired...
So, sweet pea woke up crying last night at 3:30... it's such a strange feeling for me since she's been sleeping so well for such a long, long time.
I went into her room and she was standing in her crib, facing the wall? I picked her up felt her burning up head... yikes, another fever. We went to my room and sat down and had some OJ, which I just happened to have, with a straw. She drank, drank, drank... and then we snuggled. Hubby woke up just enough to go and get the Motrin. I handed her the cup and she slurped it up. I was looking forward to snuggling with her in our bed for a bit, until she fell asleep... but our bed has always been 'play time' for her. She kept saying (in quite a loud voice), "that's daddy, i'm sweet pea, you're mommy"... over and over. It's good to know she wasn't delerious or anything from the fever, she knew just who everyone was! She started growling and giggling and I knew it was time to take her back to her crib.
Another dose of Motrin 6 hours later (she got hot, almost like clock work!), she grabbed the cup from me, said thank you, drank it, and then asked for more?! I think the medicine people put just a little too much sugar in their stuff if the kids are asking for more!
She napping now, and I'll be close behind her. Hopefully this fever breaks because I'm not quite sure what to do if it doesn't...
I went into her room and she was standing in her crib, facing the wall? I picked her up felt her burning up head... yikes, another fever. We went to my room and sat down and had some OJ, which I just happened to have, with a straw. She drank, drank, drank... and then we snuggled. Hubby woke up just enough to go and get the Motrin. I handed her the cup and she slurped it up. I was looking forward to snuggling with her in our bed for a bit, until she fell asleep... but our bed has always been 'play time' for her. She kept saying (in quite a loud voice), "that's daddy, i'm sweet pea, you're mommy"... over and over. It's good to know she wasn't delerious or anything from the fever, she knew just who everyone was! She started growling and giggling and I knew it was time to take her back to her crib.
Another dose of Motrin 6 hours later (she got hot, almost like clock work!), she grabbed the cup from me, said thank you, drank it, and then asked for more?! I think the medicine people put just a little too much sugar in their stuff if the kids are asking for more!
She napping now, and I'll be close behind her. Hopefully this fever breaks because I'm not quite sure what to do if it doesn't...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home