the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Off to see Santa (bumpa)

Sweet Pea and I went to see Santa (Bumpa) yesterday. We had a good time, talked about going to the mall and seeing Bumpa the whole drive there. We got there at 9:15 (I thought Santa was there starting at 9am)... Santa didn't get there until 10, and there were already people in line, with camp chairs, like they had been there all night!!!

We went for a little walk around the play area, got a cookie and water (in the rush to get out the door to get to the mall by 9, I forgot her drink!), walked some more, and got in line. Thankfully, they had a nice play are set up inside... so the kids get to do something while the mom's, dad's and grandparents wait in line. We saw the Bumpa when we came in... and Sweet Pea was so excited!!!! We saw the Bumpa walking around a little bit why we were waiting our turn and she was smiling and waving!!!
Then came time for her to sit on the Bumpa's lap... and NOOoooooo, she'd have nothing to do with it!
So, the Bumpa left the area, we waved bye, bye to him. The elves put Sweet Pea on a chair and distracted her with some books. Then, the bumpa came back and snuck around the back of the little chair and got a picture! I guess they've done this before?!

The pics above are from our waiting and walking time before we actually got in line.

After visiting the Bumpa, this Santa's helper did some shopping... a few gifts that my dad couldn't find for my mom. I bet he's hoping I'll wrap them next?!

Today, we got in the car and Sweet Pea said... "bumpa?"
No, Sweet Pea, we aren't going to see Bumpa today.
"tyler?"
No, Sweet Pea, Tyler's at school... we aren't seeing Tyler today (tyler is one of Jodi's son's... the name she can say the best).
The entire drive to church she kept saying Tyler and Bumpa... wishing we were going someplace more fun that off to church so mommy could get some work done. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog. It's nice to know what's going on when you can't really be there. Lots of Love Aunt DeDe

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home