has it been a week already?
gosh... time is speeding up! why?! can't it slow down every once in awhile? I've noticed that many of my friends must be busy too because as I check through their blogs, not much has been updated. I do have one friend who writes once a week... wednesdays... I know that when I check her blog wednesday, late or thursday, there will be a post there to read.
work is getting busy. Tutoring is not going very well. I drive about 20 minutes to another suburb to tutor... working directly for the school system. I love teaching, I love working with the kids, but it just hasn't been very regular which frustrates me. I set up child care, I get dinner together (sort-of) for the family, etc... for just one student. Last minute cancellations, last minute no-shows, not alot of students coming through... why am I doing this? should I be doing this right now? agh! I've thought seriously about drumming up my own business around here, in my neighborhood. I keep thinking more and more seriously as I drive 20 minutes to tutor one student!!!
And... my other job, church. It's going really well... I can get most of my stuff done during naps or before/after sweet pea gets up. I like my job and my volunteer staff seems to like me?! Only 10 hours a week, but it can take away from stuff at home. It's harder than I thought to keep things balanced... I'm too used to teaching full time or working in the corporate world - go, go, go until EVERYTHING is done and you're really tired. I have to remind myself that 10 hours a week doesn't have to feel like that.
Currently, my projects outside of mommy-hood, tutoring, or nursery directorship are working on Christmas gifts. As budgets are a tad-bit tight, I'm trying to make really cool gifts for less money. If I factored in my hours to the cost of the gifts... I'm not sure if I'm actually saving any money.
I'm also working on setting up a 'once a month cooking' club between a few friends. It's sort of like the "super suppers" or "lets dish" chains that you see popping up all over the place. At those chain stores, you step in their doors, pay a sum of money ($130-$150 or so) and make yourself 8 meals (that feed 6) to put in your freezer!!! Well, I've done it and it was really great to have meals in my freezer that need just thawed and cooked! So, we're trying to set something up between friends. Basically, I'll pick a recipe that works well in the freezer and make one meal for each friend. Each friend will do the same and we'll switch! I'll get 4 meals in my freezer!!! New meals, different tastes, fellowship with friends... how could you go wrong?
OH... does anyone want to hear about sweet pea? Well, she's over her cold and pink eye... still coughs a little in the morning. She's talking more and more and imitates everything we do!!! When I'm in the kitchen, she's up on her little chair watching everything I do at the counter. When I'm doing laundry, she's pulling clothes into and out of the hamper. When I'm upstairs, she's getting out my make-up and pretending to put on blush and lipstick. I'm continuously picking up after her... but it's fun to watch her pretend! We're all looking forward to her opening presents for Christmas... I'm sure a box of tissues would make her happy, but a few toys or books will be nice too!
Have a great day (or week... depending on when I post again).
work is getting busy. Tutoring is not going very well. I drive about 20 minutes to another suburb to tutor... working directly for the school system. I love teaching, I love working with the kids, but it just hasn't been very regular which frustrates me. I set up child care, I get dinner together (sort-of) for the family, etc... for just one student. Last minute cancellations, last minute no-shows, not alot of students coming through... why am I doing this? should I be doing this right now? agh! I've thought seriously about drumming up my own business around here, in my neighborhood. I keep thinking more and more seriously as I drive 20 minutes to tutor one student!!!
And... my other job, church. It's going really well... I can get most of my stuff done during naps or before/after sweet pea gets up. I like my job and my volunteer staff seems to like me?! Only 10 hours a week, but it can take away from stuff at home. It's harder than I thought to keep things balanced... I'm too used to teaching full time or working in the corporate world - go, go, go until EVERYTHING is done and you're really tired. I have to remind myself that 10 hours a week doesn't have to feel like that.
Currently, my projects outside of mommy-hood, tutoring, or nursery directorship are working on Christmas gifts. As budgets are a tad-bit tight, I'm trying to make really cool gifts for less money. If I factored in my hours to the cost of the gifts... I'm not sure if I'm actually saving any money.
I'm also working on setting up a 'once a month cooking' club between a few friends. It's sort of like the "super suppers" or "lets dish" chains that you see popping up all over the place. At those chain stores, you step in their doors, pay a sum of money ($130-$150 or so) and make yourself 8 meals (that feed 6) to put in your freezer!!! Well, I've done it and it was really great to have meals in my freezer that need just thawed and cooked! So, we're trying to set something up between friends. Basically, I'll pick a recipe that works well in the freezer and make one meal for each friend. Each friend will do the same and we'll switch! I'll get 4 meals in my freezer!!! New meals, different tastes, fellowship with friends... how could you go wrong?
OH... does anyone want to hear about sweet pea? Well, she's over her cold and pink eye... still coughs a little in the morning. She's talking more and more and imitates everything we do!!! When I'm in the kitchen, she's up on her little chair watching everything I do at the counter. When I'm doing laundry, she's pulling clothes into and out of the hamper. When I'm upstairs, she's getting out my make-up and pretending to put on blush and lipstick. I'm continuously picking up after her... but it's fun to watch her pretend! We're all looking forward to her opening presents for Christmas... I'm sure a box of tissues would make her happy, but a few toys or books will be nice too!
Have a great day (or week... depending on when I post again).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home