a few cute stories
STORY 1...
Last night, our neighbors watched Sweet Pea while we went to our bible study (we haven't been able to find a weekly babysitter yet... g'mas/g'pas can any of you move west a few (hundred) miles?). It was report card day at their kid's school and they did well. As a reward, a trip to Dairy Queen was in order and Sweet Pea got to participate.
They got her a cone and a spoon (I would have never thought to do that!). She had a death grip on the cone! If Jodi or Michael tried to come near her, she's squawk NO and shake her head. She just used the spoon, scooped off some ice cream, turned her head to the side as she ate the ice cream, and went back to scooping off more ice cream. She's really good with a fork and spoon, she just hasn't been able to turn the utensil into her mouth so she turns her head to match the angle of the utensil. She ate and ate and ate until she was scooping air out of the bottom of the cone - all by herself - still squawking NO if someone came near her. Finally, someone had to be the bad guy and take the empty cone away from her... they had been there for 30 minutes and needed to get home!
Oh, another thing... she didn't get a drop of ice cream on her! Amazing! They grow up so fast!
STORY 2
While my parents were here, my mom introduced Sweet Pea to the joys of Tapioca pudding. She found some that is sugar free in little cups that you keep in the fridge. Well, this morning as I was getting a cup out of the fridge for Sweet Pea, she snuck by me and grabbed a cup of pudding (what I was thinking storing them on the bottom shelf I don't know... I've moved the yogurt to the top shelf). She waddled over to her chair and started crying!!!!! I was in the process of making toast and jelly (her new favorite breakfast)... but she wanted the pudding! I cut up some grapes, lifted her into her chair, and moved the pudding away from her a bit. She seemed happy. She ate most of the grapes and most of the toast and then pointed to her pudding... I looked at her and said "if you finish your grapes and toast, you can have your pudding"... she ate her grapes and toast!!! I'm sure she didn't know what I said... but she finished it so she got her tapioca!
STORY 3
We went through the car wash this morning. I guess we haven't done that in a while... Sweet Pea was looking pretty nervous. I was making funny noises at the pre-soak/soap/etc. went by, being the goofy mom and all. When the power wash cycle started, Sweet pea got a really worried look on her face and whined a little. Then, she did the sign for "all done, all done, all done". Oh, poor thing... she wanted it to be all done! She did the same thing when we were on the merry-go-round or the little roller coast at the mall. When she wanted to be done, she looked at us with a wrinkled forhead and said in her own way, "all done, all done". Too sweet.
Last night, our neighbors watched Sweet Pea while we went to our bible study (we haven't been able to find a weekly babysitter yet... g'mas/g'pas can any of you move west a few (hundred) miles?). It was report card day at their kid's school and they did well. As a reward, a trip to Dairy Queen was in order and Sweet Pea got to participate.
They got her a cone and a spoon (I would have never thought to do that!). She had a death grip on the cone! If Jodi or Michael tried to come near her, she's squawk NO and shake her head. She just used the spoon, scooped off some ice cream, turned her head to the side as she ate the ice cream, and went back to scooping off more ice cream. She's really good with a fork and spoon, she just hasn't been able to turn the utensil into her mouth so she turns her head to match the angle of the utensil. She ate and ate and ate until she was scooping air out of the bottom of the cone - all by herself - still squawking NO if someone came near her. Finally, someone had to be the bad guy and take the empty cone away from her... they had been there for 30 minutes and needed to get home!
Oh, another thing... she didn't get a drop of ice cream on her! Amazing! They grow up so fast!
STORY 2
While my parents were here, my mom introduced Sweet Pea to the joys of Tapioca pudding. She found some that is sugar free in little cups that you keep in the fridge. Well, this morning as I was getting a cup out of the fridge for Sweet Pea, she snuck by me and grabbed a cup of pudding (what I was thinking storing them on the bottom shelf I don't know... I've moved the yogurt to the top shelf). She waddled over to her chair and started crying!!!!! I was in the process of making toast and jelly (her new favorite breakfast)... but she wanted the pudding! I cut up some grapes, lifted her into her chair, and moved the pudding away from her a bit. She seemed happy. She ate most of the grapes and most of the toast and then pointed to her pudding... I looked at her and said "if you finish your grapes and toast, you can have your pudding"... she ate her grapes and toast!!! I'm sure she didn't know what I said... but she finished it so she got her tapioca!
STORY 3
We went through the car wash this morning. I guess we haven't done that in a while... Sweet Pea was looking pretty nervous. I was making funny noises at the pre-soak/soap/etc. went by, being the goofy mom and all. When the power wash cycle started, Sweet pea got a really worried look on her face and whined a little. Then, she did the sign for "all done, all done, all done". Oh, poor thing... she wanted it to be all done! She did the same thing when we were on the merry-go-round or the little roller coast at the mall. When she wanted to be done, she looked at us with a wrinkled forhead and said in her own way, "all done, all done". Too sweet.

3 Comments:
Man, that is so cute. I loved the ice cream story. I love watching our kids eat ice cream from a cone - it's like pure joy (and pure mess) on their faces.
I wouldn't be so sure that she didn't understand you about the grapes and toast. It's like when you try to get them to say a certain word, and they just give you this blank look. But then a couple of weeks later, out comes the word! They understand so much more than they are able to spit back out.
Woohoo! I made your "people I know list"! I just noticed!
I just did that last night... probably should have asked permission first, but I didn't think you would care. I've really enjoyed finding other people I know from friends blogs (I found Juliette's site from the Wentz's... found the Wentz's from you and Courtney, etc... it's like the 6 degrees of seperation!!!)
Post a Comment
<< Home