the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

So, we've been back from Florida for quite awhile, but I haven't been able to sit down and blog!!! (Halloween, work for Church, tutoring, and LAUNDRY!!!)

We returned from Mexico on a saturday, I took my parents to the airport to return home on Tuesday (that wasn't a fun delivery... ), and we left for Florida on Thursday!!! Wow! I certainly wouldn't call us world travelers, but geez.

We were in Florida from Thursday through Monday, early, while hubby worked. His company has contests in their retail stores twice a year, so twice a year they reward the retail employees with a trip. The corporate employees help run the event - a vendor show, meals, community service, meetings, etc. It was 'hard work' and I'm certainly not complaining!!!! The hotel we stayed at was beautiful - Rosen's Single Creek - nice pools, really nice rooms, etc. We also got a two day pass to Disney World!!! Yes, sweet pea went to Disney World!!! During one of hubby's work days, sweet pea and I went to the Magical Kingdom and tried to meet Mickey Mouse. I say tried because she didn't exactly like those stuffed people/animals. Goofy and Pluto were WAY bigger than her doggy, Jake. Hubby's day off, Sunday, we went to the Animal Kingdom. She enjoyed that much, much more. We went on a Safari and saw elephants, hippos, giraffes, etc. They have a petting zoo too, where she petted goats (and called them dogs... they were really small goats, about the size of Jake) and ran after the sheep saying "baa, baa, baa" over and over again. Super cute.

Sunday night, about midnight, Sweet pea began throwing up. That really has never happened before... wow. She was in a great mood though! She'd get sick and then run over to get a book for us to read her. Or, she'd get sick again and then happily take a bath (because she had macaroni and cheese IN HER HAIR!). It was pretty crazy. Hubby slept most of the time - after helping whenever I needed it - so sweet pea and I were pretty tired monday morning when we got on the plane for a 7:30 flight! Yes, a plane with a throwing up toddler! Hubby was on the phone with NWA at 4:30 am trying to change our flight with no luck. We didn't want to pay $200 to change our flight or $50 to fly standby (hanging out all day in the Orlando airport with a sick toddler - fun)... so we prayed! Luckily, God was listening because Sweet pea threw up one more time on the bus to the airport and then fell asleep as the plane was traveling down the runway to take off. She woke up shortly before we landed (more than 3 hours later). It was amazing!!! I actually had people asking me at baggage claim how I did it... such a good baby... well, let me tell you, I am an amazing mom... I rock... I can work miracles... just kidding!!!

Tuesday night, hubby and I started getting sick... that's why Sweet pea watched TV all day on Wednesday. Hubby and I were laying all around the house and 'fighting' over changing diapers and taking the dog out because we both had the flu, thanks to sweet pea!!! Everyone's well now... and sweet pea just got her flu shot (does she still need one after actually getting the flu?) and I'll be getting one this afternoon.

OK... here are some pics from florida... I have to get Sweet Pea up, we have a doctor's apppointment (just a well baby check up) soon.

peeking through a tree house... following a bigger girl's lead of climbing through the window

Goofy... very scary. I think he's used to being scary because he just sat down in front of us to pose for a picture, almost like he's done it before :)
She was blowing Minnie a kiss. It was super cute!!! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks so much for all the cute pictures. You guys have some amazing ones. Thanks for sharing. She is getting so big!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home