I potty!!!
So, giving you all more details than you probably want to hear... when I head to the bathroom during the day, I sometimes tell Sweet Pea, "mommy's going potty" or something close to it.
More than once, since before Christmas, Sweet Pea has looked at me and said, "I potty". My response is usually something like, "really, do you have to go potty?" where she'll shake her head yes. The first time or so that happened, I said, "ok, you potty, no problem". I wondered... can I potty train a not quite 18 month old (her age at the time)? OK all of you pro's, my friends with multiple kids, STOP LAUGHING AT ME!!!
The third time or so Sweet Pea told me, "I potty", I took her upstairs to the potty and sat her on it (with out her pants/diaper). She proudly sat there in a sing-song voice saying, "I potty, I potty, I potty" (no, this is NOT what I do when I go to the bathroom). Nothing happened when she was sitting there, but it was cute. That's happened more than once... not sure why I go through with the removal of diaper and pants and actually go through with it, I guess I just don't want to discourage my 1 1/2 year old?
Last night, hubby told me a story... While he was making dinner (I was tutoring last night) for himself and Sweet Pea, she looked up at him and plugged her nose and said, "I stinky". The wonderful dad that he is, he then sat her in her booster chair and they ate dinner. After dinner, she looked at him and said, "I potty". They went upstairs to the changing table and, wow, a stinky diaper.
I wonder if she does really know whats going on?! Maybe, just maybe, if all of the stars are lined up just right and God is on our side we can have just one child in diapers when baby #2 comes? Granted, I don't know the first thing about potty training and doubt I really have the patience for it right now... but, huh, who knows?!
More than once, since before Christmas, Sweet Pea has looked at me and said, "I potty". My response is usually something like, "really, do you have to go potty?" where she'll shake her head yes. The first time or so that happened, I said, "ok, you potty, no problem". I wondered... can I potty train a not quite 18 month old (her age at the time)? OK all of you pro's, my friends with multiple kids, STOP LAUGHING AT ME!!!
The third time or so Sweet Pea told me, "I potty", I took her upstairs to the potty and sat her on it (with out her pants/diaper). She proudly sat there in a sing-song voice saying, "I potty, I potty, I potty" (no, this is NOT what I do when I go to the bathroom). Nothing happened when she was sitting there, but it was cute. That's happened more than once... not sure why I go through with the removal of diaper and pants and actually go through with it, I guess I just don't want to discourage my 1 1/2 year old?
Last night, hubby told me a story... While he was making dinner (I was tutoring last night) for himself and Sweet Pea, she looked up at him and plugged her nose and said, "I stinky". The wonderful dad that he is, he then sat her in her booster chair and they ate dinner. After dinner, she looked at him and said, "I potty". They went upstairs to the changing table and, wow, a stinky diaper.
I wonder if she does really know whats going on?! Maybe, just maybe, if all of the stars are lined up just right and God is on our side we can have just one child in diapers when baby #2 comes? Granted, I don't know the first thing about potty training and doubt I really have the patience for it right now... but, huh, who knows?!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home