the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Monday, January 15, 2007

long time, no post...

It seems I've used a title similar to this before!

Few updates, cute stories, etc.

Two weeks ago, Sweet Pea went to her 18 month checkup. Nothing too exciting... we discussed her general dislike of meat (won't eat it... unless it's a chicken mcnugget. She used to eat hot dogs, not any more - both options are questionable, are they actually meat?). The pediatrician recommended vitamin drops... agh. She's growing fine though!! Off the charts in height and 90% in weight... seems fine to me! Hubby's pretty excited, he hopes to have a basketball star someday. I keep telling him that she might be a cheerleader and love ballet!!! He just grumbles at that... She got a few shots and hardly flinched. I do wonder about her pain tolerance though, seems a bit strange.

Last week we had a pretty quiet week. The weather finally got cold here so we tried to go outside as little as possible. I get cabin fever pretty quick, so we ventured out enough to make me happy :) On friday we met a friend and her two kids at a local community center to go swimming. It was cold outside so it sure was nice to get into really warm pool water! It took sweet pea about 20-30 minutes to actually get her suit wet, she just kept walking up and down the ramp leading into the pool. It has a cool handle bar that she can reach, so she thought she was a big girl!!! We went down the water slide together a TON, once she decided it was fun to get wet. She was pretty ticked that we had to leave, if she could have walked to the slide again, she would have. The depth at the slide is 3'6"... she would walk toward it until the water reached her chin and then try to push the water away from her chin so she could keep going!

She's talking and talking more and more and more these days! But, I swear I understand less and less of her. It wouldn't be a problem except she gets pretty frustrated... poor thing. Her mind is ahead of her mouth!

She started kicking the beach ball a friend got us around the house. It's fun to watch, especially when it gets kicked into a corner and she isn't sure what to do...

It's funny how I think of things that family would want to hear about all week, then I sit down and can't remember them! Oh well... we'll try to post more stories when I remember them. I should really get some work done :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home