nice weekend... he's a really good dad!
So, I got home last night about 7pm from a weekend up north scrapbooking. Yes, as I said last post, I went scrapbooking for the ENTIRE weekend.
The state of the house was the same as I had left it, but worse. Saying that, I should tell you that I did not leave it in the cleanest condition. The vacuum cleaner was sitting in the living room, my lunch was sitting on the counter, there were clothes to donate sitting in the extra bedroom, and clean laundry was in a basket in the laundrey room (to name a few messes I left). Not only did hubby not clean up my mess, he actually added to it. I could tell you exactly what hubby and Sweet Pea ate for the entire weekend, only because all of the pans/dishes were still on the counter.
Now, you may think that I'm complaining... oh, no, I'm certainly not complaining!! Did I mention that I went away for the weekend and scrapbooked?! Ha! As long as the house was still standing and my daughter was safe and clean I could care less the state of the house. He even made me dinner, ready when I walked in the door! What a guy... have I ever told you I have the best husband on the planet?!
10 other women joined me at the retreat and we were either making cards (you should see the cards these women can make... WOW), working on scrapbooks (there are alot of 3-7 year old kids out there that have unfinished baby books), knitting and... huh, that's it! The retreat is an old dairy barn out in the country that has been converted into a nice place for crafty women to go and, well, craft. I'm already wondering when I can get back there!
For anyone keeping track (I hope you're not), Sweet Pea will be 15 months old on Sunday and in her baby book, she just took her first bath! I'm almost into her second month of life... not too bad since there were a few women there this weekend that hadn't started their 3 year old's book! Yeah, I'm ahead of the game!
The state of the house was the same as I had left it, but worse. Saying that, I should tell you that I did not leave it in the cleanest condition. The vacuum cleaner was sitting in the living room, my lunch was sitting on the counter, there were clothes to donate sitting in the extra bedroom, and clean laundry was in a basket in the laundrey room (to name a few messes I left). Not only did hubby not clean up my mess, he actually added to it. I could tell you exactly what hubby and Sweet Pea ate for the entire weekend, only because all of the pans/dishes were still on the counter.
Now, you may think that I'm complaining... oh, no, I'm certainly not complaining!! Did I mention that I went away for the weekend and scrapbooked?! Ha! As long as the house was still standing and my daughter was safe and clean I could care less the state of the house. He even made me dinner, ready when I walked in the door! What a guy... have I ever told you I have the best husband on the planet?!
10 other women joined me at the retreat and we were either making cards (you should see the cards these women can make... WOW), working on scrapbooks (there are alot of 3-7 year old kids out there that have unfinished baby books), knitting and... huh, that's it! The retreat is an old dairy barn out in the country that has been converted into a nice place for crafty women to go and, well, craft. I'm already wondering when I can get back there!
For anyone keeping track (I hope you're not), Sweet Pea will be 15 months old on Sunday and in her baby book, she just took her first bath! I'm almost into her second month of life... not too bad since there were a few women there this weekend that hadn't started their 3 year old's book! Yeah, I'm ahead of the game!

1 Comments:
How did you find out about that place? That sounds like to much fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home