10 years!
Well, it's official, we've been married 10 years!!!
10 years ago today I was getting my hair done with my girlfriends, eating burger king at my friend Maro's house, getting help putting on more makeup (I guess my application was a little too light), and heading to the church to get dressed.
I think I only cried twice that day (ok, maybe three times). Once when I left the dressing room and saw my dad in his Tux (he looked so nice) and once when I was walking down the aisle (the verdict is actually still out on whether or not I actually cried... the pictures proove my face was pretty contorted though).
I married who was my best friend at the time. I am still married to who will always be my best friend...
We lived in a roach infested apartment over looking a golf course (the roaches meant nothing to hubby - "but, squirt, have you seen the view?")
Less than one year later, I graduated from college and hubby spent two weeks in the hospital getting a rib and blood clot removed.
Another year later, hubby graduated from college.
1/2 year after that we bought our first house. My parents now tell us that they thought we lived in a ghetto... but I loved that house and my friends and church which were in that neighborhood. I can't say that I actually loved that neighborhood, but I longed for change in it.
3.5 years later (5.5 - 6 years total) we sold that house... after putting much of my own blood, sweat and yes, tears into it and moved to Boston to attend business school. Oh, that house was so cute! The coffee with cream room (the color of our front room), the yellow, sun filled bedroom with the closets that hubby built. The kitchen who's floor actually bounced when you walked across it. The stairs to a third floor window that went no-where (except through the window and to a roof). And no-one can forget the ceiling that fell... after we sold it... before we closed on it. It sold in three days and two couples were in a bidding war for it - I can't be the only one that thought it was a great place!
2 years after moving to Boston, we both have master's degree and have changed professions. Interesting... huh? No longer engineers... yeah!!!
7.5 years into a wonderful marriage we moved here and bought another house. We're in the 'burbs... on a cul-de-sac... two cars, central air and a garage! We've grown up so much!!!
8.5 years into it we had our first baby - amazing. We waiting to start a family yet God had a plan. God had her picked out for us for that day... he hand picked our sweet little thing and trust us to take care of her and raise her to love Him (with his help, of course)!
10 years into it - my dear, sweet husband is in Chicago for business. Huh. Oh well, we're going to Mexico next month!!! Yep folks, you heard it right, we're going to MEXICO!
If I had a scanner I'd throw in a wedding day picture. We seriously look like we're twelve! You can almost see the shotgun behind my dad's back too (just kidding).
10 years ago today I was getting my hair done with my girlfriends, eating burger king at my friend Maro's house, getting help putting on more makeup (I guess my application was a little too light), and heading to the church to get dressed.
I think I only cried twice that day (ok, maybe three times). Once when I left the dressing room and saw my dad in his Tux (he looked so nice) and once when I was walking down the aisle (the verdict is actually still out on whether or not I actually cried... the pictures proove my face was pretty contorted though).
I married who was my best friend at the time. I am still married to who will always be my best friend...
We lived in a roach infested apartment over looking a golf course (the roaches meant nothing to hubby - "but, squirt, have you seen the view?")
Less than one year later, I graduated from college and hubby spent two weeks in the hospital getting a rib and blood clot removed.
Another year later, hubby graduated from college.
1/2 year after that we bought our first house. My parents now tell us that they thought we lived in a ghetto... but I loved that house and my friends and church which were in that neighborhood. I can't say that I actually loved that neighborhood, but I longed for change in it.
3.5 years later (5.5 - 6 years total) we sold that house... after putting much of my own blood, sweat and yes, tears into it and moved to Boston to attend business school. Oh, that house was so cute! The coffee with cream room (the color of our front room), the yellow, sun filled bedroom with the closets that hubby built. The kitchen who's floor actually bounced when you walked across it. The stairs to a third floor window that went no-where (except through the window and to a roof). And no-one can forget the ceiling that fell... after we sold it... before we closed on it. It sold in three days and two couples were in a bidding war for it - I can't be the only one that thought it was a great place!
2 years after moving to Boston, we both have master's degree and have changed professions. Interesting... huh? No longer engineers... yeah!!!
7.5 years into a wonderful marriage we moved here and bought another house. We're in the 'burbs... on a cul-de-sac... two cars, central air and a garage! We've grown up so much!!!
8.5 years into it we had our first baby - amazing. We waiting to start a family yet God had a plan. God had her picked out for us for that day... he hand picked our sweet little thing and trust us to take care of her and raise her to love Him (with his help, of course)!
10 years into it - my dear, sweet husband is in Chicago for business. Huh. Oh well, we're going to Mexico next month!!! Yep folks, you heard it right, we're going to MEXICO!
If I had a scanner I'd throw in a wedding day picture. We seriously look like we're twelve! You can almost see the shotgun behind my dad's back too (just kidding).

2 Comments:
Congratulations to you guys! I know what you mean when you say 'We looked like we were 12'! That old house of yours certainly isn't looking any better since you left either!
Um, you were twelve, weren't you? ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home