the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Thursday, September 07, 2006

So, she's a jealous little baby!!! (oh, wait, she's a toddler now :)

Yesterday, I babysat for a friend all day. Mikayla came over at 8:30 and stayed until 5:00... and I learned that Sweet Pea is a jealous little thing!!! She's never had a problem around other people, always done well in the nursery at church, goes to other people pretty well. BUT, put a baby in my arms and that's the only place Sweet Pea wants to be!!!

I was giving Mikayla a bottle mid-morning and Sweet Pea looked at me square in the eyes and did the sign for 'drink'. I pointed to her sippy cup and she shook her head and said 'no' (still her favorite word). She opened her hand, palm facing up, pointed it toward the bottle and said 'ga' (somehow this bacame her word for 'give me... want... etc.'). She wanted Mikayla's bottle!!! Then, she started to cry... really cry... for about 20 minutes! Then, she would back into me, wanting to sit in my lap, and she'd cry again. WOW!! It was a long bottle, so this episode went on for quite awhile. Poor, poor thing. Of course, hubby's response to the whole thing was, "well, we'll have to fix that". I'm not sure how HE proposes that WE fix that... but HE'S welcome to try! (funny, funny man).

We met hubby today at work for lunch. He hasn't been home the past two evenings and is leaving in the morning for four days so we thought a lunch would be nice. It was nice... Best Buy has a really good cafeteria!!! Sweet Pea had macaroni and cheese (she loves noodles!), hubby at meat loaf/mashed potatoes/funny looking green beans, and I had a yummy taco salad (I'm still hungry though)... all for $11!! Nice. We also got to walk around and meet the co-workers, always nice for hubby but quite awkward for me :)

Hubby leaves tomorrow to go hunting in Minot, North Dakota until Monday. He's pretty excited and he's taking the Dog!!! Shooting clay pigeons went really well... I guess all of those hours spent in front of video games has paid off?! Jake was a natural too. He sat at Hubby's feet and anxiously awaited hubby yelling "pull" and Dale letting the pigeon fly. Jake and Molly (my uncle's dog) would dart into the pond after the broken pieces (which sunk). He did great!!!

Saturday is my last long run - I'm TOO excited! 20 miles, 10 miles, then 6 miles, and finally the marathon!!! It's been a great training, but I'm so tired of spending 3-4 hours on the road every saturday morning! Now, I'm trying to figure out how to keep this level of fitness up without running 30-40 miles a week! Any ideas will be appreciated...

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

carly, let me know what your guy figures out about "breaking her of that." :) sounds like he's just the man for the job!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home