the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Monday, August 28, 2006

Long time, no hear from...

Sorry. I'd say that I was busy, which I was, but those of you that don't stay home with little ones may not believe me :)

It's monday - and rainy at that. It's still August and I just had soup for lunch. Yikes. Winter's just around the corner, isn't it?! Hubby's going to get a smile from that comment because HE hate the winters here and I tell him to suck it up. I'm already getting anxious about the winter, only because I'm not ready to hibernate. The darkness from 4:30 pm until 7:30 am is not my favorite!!!

Enough about that, it's still supposed to get to 80 degrees today, even with the rain.

Today, school started here. I was sad. I took sweet pea running with me around 7:30 this morning and saw all of the kiddos waiting for the bus and tons of kids walking to the Junior High by my house. I actually ached to go back too... to have somewhat of a purpose other than taking care of all things inside these walls. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do right now even though I hate what I do right now (make sense?). I wouldn't change keeping sweet pea home with me for the world!!! It's just hard sometimes... especially when it's raining, she gets up at 6:30, and she doesn't want to eat her manderan oranges or cheese quesadilla for lunch. ahhhh... I wouldn't mind teaching some 8th graders the wonders of algebra right now. I'll try to remember back to the ADHD student that had no ability to sit/concentrate/take notes/do homework/pass a test... that's it, I feel better now. Back to doing laundry (it doesn't talk back - most of the time).

About running this morning. I came in second place for the 'worst mom of the week' award. It was overcast when I got outside. But, I was already dressed, had sweet pea's breakfast and sippy cup ready, and had her strapped into the jogger. Then I looked up and saw the overcast sky... hmmm... what to do... will it rain? will it rain hard? will sweet pea melt? hmmm... so I went out. It was only 4 miles so I figured it would be OK, right? It started sprinkling with about 20 minutes to go... oops. It was fine, sweet pea was fine. I dressed her in a sweatshirt, cotton pants, and socks and she was warm. Of course, I headed back to my house in my neighborhood and saw all of the moms waiting for the bus with their kids and umbrellas. Agh... guilt settling in... I'm sooorrryyy... she's fine....

Second place you may say? Why didn't that win? Well, my neighbor may have sent her kid to his first day of school sick. She's not sure, he might be fine, it's the first day - he can't miss it!!! HA... we decided that she won the contest!!!

5 weeks until the marathon!!! Thank goodness! I'm really getting tired of running!!! Scheduling those long runs every saturday!! It's getting darker later in the morning and earlier in the evening so it's harder to get the shorter runs in too. One more 18 miler, one more 20 miler, then the tapering starts! Yeah!!! Did I mention to anyone that the course is uphill from mile 20 to 23.5?! Who designs a marathon course like that???

OK, sorry, today's blog has been completely about me... sorry to the family that expected to get Sweet pea updates... I felt the need to get selfish today.

Talking about fish... we're eating uncle michael's walleye for dinner tonight. We borrowed a neighbor's deep fryer - can anyone say YUM?! The salmon was delish too... thanks uncle mike!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home