the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Can God slow them down from growing so fast???

Gosh...

So, I finally started Sweet Pea's baby album. I did the baby shower, laid out the 'what mommy looked like when she was HUGE' page, now I'm onto Sweet Pea entering our world.




Oh gosh... so tiny! (that would be sweet pea's picture, not the one of me pregnant :) . She's currently RUNNING around the house, jabbering, getting into things, playing with things, learning so much every day!!! Slow down, sweet pea... slow down!!!



Sweet pea's been talking up a storm lately. She is hilarious!!! She's using sign language and verbal words interchangeably and it's really amazing. She still signs "food, more, drink, please, thank you, all done, bath..." but says things like "cracker, raisins, tank wo, pweese, aw do (all done), dodi (for our neighbor Jodi), dada, mama, ni-ni (night night), jake, sit (jake and sit usually go hand in hand)... and many, many more! She can mimic almost anything I say and it's hilarious!!!


The one that melts my heart is thank you. She does the sign and says the words at the same time - and we don't ask her to do it. I think she hears us say it so much in the right situations and she is learning when to say it too!!! You give her something and she says 'tank wo'.

She's also cleaning up after herself. She loves to get her bath toys out of the bathroom cabinet. Then, I'll see her put them back away?! Huh? Am I already ruining my child by cleaning up too much? hmmm... can't be a bad thing, can it?

Last night, we went out to dinner and we were sitting near the door. Sweet pea proceeded to wave at everyone who was leaving the restaurant. Then the Mariachi Band came by to play a few tunes and she was gone. No more food was being eaten because she was having a blast watching those two guys play songs and sing! She also found the elephant on her drink cup and started making the elephant noise (tucking her upper lip inside of her lower lip and blowing - too funny). Daddy and I had to look for the elephant... and there it was, on her cup. We'll definately have to go back to the zoo soon.

It's a rainy sunday here and I'm craving soup again. We were just invited to Dodi's (hee, hee) house for Udon Noodle Soup... YUM!!!

We're also heading up to my aunt and uncle's house tomorrow so hubby can shoot at some clay pigeons. He's going hunting with my uncle next weekend... grouse (spelling??? It's some kind of stupid, ugly bird. I wonder if we're supposed to eat them?). He's pretty excited and he's taking the dog so I'm pretty exicted!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home