Smells like Heaven in the Kitchen
Ohhh, the smells of fall cooking!!! I'm making Chicken and Dumplings today... oh, it smells so good and it tastes even better!!! It makes a HUGE amount, so half will be heading into our freezer when it's done. Have you ever used saved chicken fat (from browning the chicken thighs) for the dumplings. Sounds horribly un-healthy, but tastes oh-so-good.
Have you ever heard of America's Test Kitchen? They have a TV show on PBS and many cookbooks that are amazing! We have about 42 saved TiVo'd episodes of the saturday morning show and two cookbooks. They also have a magazine, Cook's Illustrated that's really good too. I'd highly recommend anything by them, I've rarely made a recipe I didn't like. They actually test recipes many, many times before publishing them. Some of the recipes are a bit 'putsy', but worth the extra effort.
That's it, have I made your mouth water? Hubby, are you reading this... hurry home! I should get back to work now.
Have you ever heard of America's Test Kitchen? They have a TV show on PBS and many cookbooks that are amazing! We have about 42 saved TiVo'd episodes of the saturday morning show and two cookbooks. They also have a magazine, Cook's Illustrated that's really good too. I'd highly recommend anything by them, I've rarely made a recipe I didn't like. They actually test recipes many, many times before publishing them. Some of the recipes are a bit 'putsy', but worth the extra effort.
That's it, have I made your mouth water? Hubby, are you reading this... hurry home! I should get back to work now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home