Hubby's gone a-hunting...
So, I'm single and feel like I've been single all week... bummer.
Hubby left early this morning to meet my uncle and start driving to Minot, North Dakota.
Last night, I made him a batch of his favorite cookies to take with him.
This morning, the cookies were still sitting on the counter.
Huh?
So, I was hurt. I called him and his words were...
hubby: "what, those were for me?"
me: "uh, yeah... "
hubby: "I thought you made those for your women's bible study or something"
me: "uh, that bible study has been over for 3-4 weeks"
hubby: "oh"
me: "do you remember me telling you last night to take all of them because I really don't like oatmeal butterscotch chip cookies"
hubby: "no"
me, thinking in my head: "oh, so you weren't listening to me?"
K... I feel better. Cookies are in the freezer and waiting for hubby to get back. I will not eat them, I will not eat them, I WILL not eat them. He's sorry... really sorry and I'll think twice before making him cookies again :) He is still the love of my life and my best friend... not sure what I would do without that thick skulled, hard of hearing man of mine!
The good thing about the morning was Sweet Pea waking up with smiles... usually she wakes up with smiles...
Tomorrow, Jodi is coming over at 6:15 am (yes folks, AM) to watch Sweet Pea for me so I can run those wonderful 20 miles. She's a saint. Hubby needs to bring Jodi AND me flowers when he comes back!!!
Hubby left early this morning to meet my uncle and start driving to Minot, North Dakota.
Last night, I made him a batch of his favorite cookies to take with him.
This morning, the cookies were still sitting on the counter.
Huh?
So, I was hurt. I called him and his words were...
hubby: "what, those were for me?"
me: "uh, yeah... "
hubby: "I thought you made those for your women's bible study or something"
me: "uh, that bible study has been over for 3-4 weeks"
hubby: "oh"
me: "do you remember me telling you last night to take all of them because I really don't like oatmeal butterscotch chip cookies"
hubby: "no"
me, thinking in my head: "oh, so you weren't listening to me?"
K... I feel better. Cookies are in the freezer and waiting for hubby to get back. I will not eat them, I will not eat them, I WILL not eat them. He's sorry... really sorry and I'll think twice before making him cookies again :) He is still the love of my life and my best friend... not sure what I would do without that thick skulled, hard of hearing man of mine!
The good thing about the morning was Sweet Pea waking up with smiles... usually she wakes up with smiles...
Tomorrow, Jodi is coming over at 6:15 am (yes folks, AM) to watch Sweet Pea for me so I can run those wonderful 20 miles. She's a saint. Hubby needs to bring Jodi AND me flowers when he comes back!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home