the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Friday, September 22, 2006

Halloween Costumes already?

Busy week... sorry no posts. I actually took a few good pictures yesterday of Sweet Pea playing with her friend Sammy. Sammy's three and got a new power rangers halloween costume... which he wore yesterday. Too funny.

On the subject of Halloween. You can't wait to buy costumes!!! Did you guys know this? I guess when I was little, if my mom didn't make us a costume we were digging through closets to find something to throw together (my favorite was the 'bum'... dad's old yucky flannel, dirt on my face, etc.) Well, if you're an aware parent, you need to buy the costume of choice more than a MONTH in advance!!! I was going to make Sweet pea a costume... bought a pattern for $7.50 and looked at the fabric... then ended up at Children's Place picking something up for a friend and saw the cutest costumes for $18.00!!! Well, why would I MAKE something for $20 and many hours and anguish when I could buy it for $18.00? I went to Children's place to pick up the Chick (or ducky as we call it in this house) and they were all out! And they're all out all over the city. And, they're all out online. AND... THEY'RE SELLING ON EBAY FOR $40!!! I'll have to remember that next year - I could make a fortune!

So, sweet pea will not be a chick this year unless I get a wild hair to make her a chick costume.

I'm off to scrapbook for the weekend. Very excited to get away for a whole weekend... have fun, hubby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home