the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Friday, October 08, 2010

The Big Slide (we got from the neighbors for FREE)

Our neighbors, who we tried and tried and tried to get to know better. We thought we SCORED having a family right next door... our age... 1st grade boy... stay at home mom. Well, we tried, but it really didn't work out very well. They are nice, the mom picked Audrey up from school while we were waiting for the bus service to start, we did hang out when we all happened to be outside at the same moment... But I guess we didn't 'click'. I know, I was trying to find replacements for my friends in MN... and it didn't work. I will never work. It's OK. Maybe the new neighbors???

But, they are cool enough to bless us with what they thought was their Junk! This slide was one of them. Really... free. free. that means no cost to us. Free. Did you hear that, free.

It IS a pain to put away. I will fully admit that... a pain. And, it takes up alot of space in our garage. But, it's free!!! We've used it twice and it's fun. I had a blast. In fact, it's the second week in October and it's in the 80's... maybe we'll get it out one more time!!! One more time... maybe.

Jack even loved it. He got to play with it until the bottom 'pool' got too deep and it was naptime.

I loved it too... Phil isn't within the weight limit, bummer. The weight limit is really low (well, it isn't, just wanted to make him feel loved).

Soooooo... if my far away friends need another reason to come... we can pull out the big slide?!!! Does that intice anyone to visit us here in Arkansas? Anyone? Anyone???!! We have the space... come and visit :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

If we didn't live 20 hours apart, we could make a pact to visit each other. Maybe we can anyway. I often lament that we should have had THIS house in MI when we ALWAYS had out of town guests! Maybe we're being punished for officially leaving the Midwest:(

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home