the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Family of Four?!

OK, he's been here since Saturday and I haven't gotten my act together. I realized I haven't posted b/c I haven't gotten pics onto the computer yet... I was waiting for pics. Then, I decided to go ahead and post the news and get the pics on later!!!

The little Peanut was born on Saturday, 8/4, at 11:15 am.

He was 7# 13oz and 21 1/4 inches long... daddy's very proud of that last 1/4 inch... funny man.

This labor and delivery was NIGHT AND DAY different than Sweet Pea. Wonderfully different... those of you that know, know that I was VERY anxious about delivering this little one b/c Sweet Pea was ANYTHING but pleasant (I know, it's not supposed to be pleasant... but geez... I'm not publishing the story here). This little guy was great!

I headed to the hospital at 4am, after my water broke at home. I left hubby sleeping (yep, I rock and he stinks), contractions hadn't started yet and I actually didn't want to wake up my friend Jodi who was going to come over to watch Sweet Pea... it was nothing to do with me being nice to hubby!!! Nice and easy contractions started around 5am... not so nice and easy contractions started around 7:30am... epidural was administered around 8:30am... (EPIDURALS ROCK!)... and we watched cable until we were ready to go!!! I was such a realaxed atmosphere! Amazing! I used the mid-wives this time and they were wonderful, absolutely wonderful. After he was born; hubby cut the cord, we held him, and we watched him get cleaned up (while he SCREAMED - hoping that's not a picture of our future!).

We got to come home the next day b/c I was doing great and he was eating great (another NIGHT and DAY difference than Sweet Pea). We took him to the pediatrician on Monday for a quick check-up and all is still good.

Hubby's mom and dad drove through the day and night to meet their new grandson. My mom drove all day to come and meet her grandson - and stay to help with Sweet Pea, who I swear has more energy now than she had last week. It might be that I was so tired last week that it seemed she was more laid back, I don't know. My dad was golfing in Pittsburg... quite a ways away from here... he didn't make the trip... golfing must be more important :) JUST KIDDING, DAD!!! I LOVE YOU AND I KNOW YOU'D WANT TO BE HERE!!! He was trying to talk me into putting myself on bedrest to "keep the kid in you until I get back from golfing". I laughed at him...

I should go... mom, hubby, and Sweet Pea just left for the children's museum and I need a shower while Peanut sleeps. I'll get some pics posted later, I hope.

Thanks so much for all of your well wishes and prayers... God blessed us with a beautiful, healthy baby and a wonderful weekend with many wonderful days to come!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Congrats!!! I'm glad you had a great delivery. Can't wait to see pictures.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jennifer S. Brown said...

Yea, yea, yea!!! I'm so happy! Yea! I look forward to whatever mass e-mail you send with pictures and the name. Oh, you're in for fun (and chaos!). :-) Did I say, Yea? Yea!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Weed said...

HOORAY!!!
Congratulations....can't wait to get an email with the name!!

12:22 PM  
Blogger thelarsenfamily said...

Sounds like things went great! Ditto what everybody else said, we need pictures and a name!! We're happy for you and your expanding family.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Carly, Phil and Sweet Pea! I'm so thrilled for you. I've been checking your blog daily waiting for your little one's arrival. I'm so happy that the delivery went so well! Looking forward to hearing a name!

Susan

4:27 PM  
Blogger brandon said...

Congratulations guys! So happy everything went well.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home