the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

funny little girl...

So, I've been pulling things out and washing them and getting them ready for our little bundle (that is currently stabbing me in the ribs and increasing my urge to pee, quite frequently) to arrive.

Sweet Pea is hilarious!!!

There is a stuffed dog in the carseat with a little blanket over it. She sang Twinkle Twinkle little star to it this evening.

There is a stuffed bear in the bouncy seat that she continuously turns on (it vibrates) and I continuously turn off. There is another blanket over it. In fact, I threw a few other stuffed animals on the bouncy seat one evening when I was picking up... she chucked them off of the seat the next morning sortof like - "what are these doing here? I didn't put these here!"

Other than smothering her little brother with little blankets, I think she'll be a little mother hen to him.

Pretend play amazes me... from the time that she got her kitchen for Christmas with her shopping cart (that barbie rides in, throughout the house) to now as she's putting baby dolls and stuffed animals into the baby things. It's so funny. I wonder what would happen if I bought some matchbox cars or trains?!

That's it... no baby yet... 9 more days to the due date (I'm hoping for something earlier though :)

2 Comments:

Blogger brandon said...

Hang in there Carly! Jenny and I are thinking about you - we hope it's soon, and everything goes well. I'll be checking your blog with much anticipation over the next week.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I attempted to smother my younger brother shortly after his birth and, as far as I remember, it was an act of affection. :) She'll be a super big sister!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home