the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Sunday, July 29, 2007

surprised...

So, it's been about a month since I posted and I haven't gotten any hate-mail. Does that mean that people don't care?

We've been blessed by having good friends in town for awhile, and I've been napping, and we try to get out of the house due to my horrible case of cabin fever... therefore little computer time.

Cabin fever... you'd think it only came in the winter? Oh no... 95 degrees outside with 75%+ humidity is just as bad. I am so tired of air conditioning or sweating... yikes! So, yes, I get cabin fever pretty bad. It's almost like we never moved away from Cincinnati. I remember the humidity there was UNREAL! When we didn't have air conditioning, I always wondered why I bothered to shower (except to smell better). You'd step out of the shower and start sweating. I worked at a chemical plant and I'd sweat all day. Then I would get into my car and freeze b/c I was so used to sweating. I know, I shouldn't complain... but yikes!

Sweet Pea's been good. Her favorite thing to say lately is:

"my BIG daddy"

I think it's super cute, hubby's not so sure of if. She did call me "my BIG mommy" once and we put a stop to it. No soap was involved (for her mouth), but I explained in two year old language that we don't call mommy big... whether she's actually big or not.

Talking about BIG... yep, no baby yet. I think we're close. For those that care, I was 2 cm dilated on friday and there's a full moon tomorrow. I can only hope. I don't remember being this un-comfortable with Sweet Pea. It could be the bad memory or I could actually be less comfortable. The cool thing is that I can still see the tendons and viens in my feet and my ankles haven't disappeared! I'm pretty excited about that one... I like my ankles. Seeing bones and tendons and viens makes one feel skinny :) right?

I'll look for some pics to post and hopefully the next time I post, it'll be the good news of a baby arriving!!!

Take care and stay cool!

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I was actually wondering if the break in your posts was due to the arrival of your baby. I hope it happens soon! Thinking of you!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

I SOOoooo wish that was the case. 38 weeks last friday and Sweet Pea was one week late. I try not to think about that part ;)

10:41 PM  
Blogger brandon said...

Hey Carly - hang in there. We'll be praying that everything goes smoothly - and quickly!

Check out my blog if you haven'y already - Jenny had the baby on July 6!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Carly - Hang in their. It will be over soon. We look forward to seeing pictures!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home