the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sweet Pea's birthday, take 2

Well, Sweet Pea turned 2 on July 1st, which is a sunday. Our normal sunday... I get up early and get ready to go... get hubby up so he can shower before sweet pea gets up... I get to church about an hour early... hubby gets there about 5 minutes late ;)

This particular sunday, I was at the children's sign in desk and I saw this guy walk up that looked like my dad... with a lady that looked like my mom behind him... huh... they live about 11-12 hours away.

Well, they surprised us for Sweet Pea's birthday!!! Amazing!!! I was pretty sad the day before, wanting more than mom/dad/two year old around to blow out candles. So... it's nice to have retired parents that can just start driving and come to visit. Yes, a few tears were shed... but they were tears of joy :)

They went out to the parking lot when hubby showed up... you should have seen his face!!! He leaned down and told Sweet Pea, "there's your grandma" and she went running into her arms!!! Yeah!!!!!
She opened a few presents after church, while I was fixing lunch. Then, she took a nap and we went back to church for a huge lawn party we throw for the community every year. She loved the big bouncy room... I'll upload pics of that later, they're on hubby's camera.

We went up to the spaghetti factory for dinner - noo no's (noodles) - than back home for an elmo cake that grandpa made and more presents.
She's on her way to the LPGA!!! Her first set of golf clubs!!!
She's two... She can't put her pointer finger and middle finger up at the same time, this is the next best thing and cuter!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Grandpa has aquired a great talent since he's retired - he makes Birthday cakes!!!!! We're going to set up a stand in the front yard and sell cakes. We don't want to get to commercialized or we will have to comply with some silly health standards!!!!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

She's so beautiful Carly. I'm happy your parents were able to make it!! That's the best birthday present ever!!

(Wayne's sister)

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home