the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Thursday, September 28, 2006

nerves...?!

OK... I just ran my last run before sunday. An easy 4 miles... nothing spectacular. It actually helped settle my nerves a bit, which was nice.

I'm not sure why I'm nervous... I'll finish, it'll be fine, no injuries, no silly stuff... no worries, right? Then why am I so nervous? Huh... anxiety isn't treating me so great either. My face is breaking out like a junior high girl, my apetite has left the building, and sleeping hasn't been coming oh so easy.

It doesn't help that hubby is in LA right now and won't be returning until 8pm on saturday night. He was packing last night... he always packs an extra pair of underwear (wow, did I EVER just embarrass my hubby!!! HA!!! that's what he gets for leaving town right before a marathon that I've been training for for 10 months!!) and I told him to put the extra pair away, he certainly won't be needing it because he WILL be home on saturday night!!! There are two more flights after the one he's supposed to be on (I'm amazed he actually checked on this), so he says he'll be there no matter what. The last flight is a red-eye though... ugh, we'll both feel like crap!

I was going to make a list of things to think about or pray about each mile, but I didn't know how I was going to remember 26 things. Huh... will need more work on that one.

I need to update my iPod... need new tunes. If I hear 'trashy women' one more time, I may shoot something. Gwen Steffani and Mac Powell can stay but the confederate railroad must move on!

I wish more people could watch the race... I fondly remember the Maine Marathon and Amy Weisenbach doing a cartwheel around mile 22 or so... that still makes me laugh. My friend Amy Meckey ran up a hill at mile 16 or so with me. My friends Alex and Heather Cabanas were there too. The finish line was pretty cool... the people there supporting me was so special. It was a pretty small race and the one this weekend has 10,000 runners. that's alot of runners!!! If each runner has a few people watching, that's alot of people!!! Will I actually see the people that are there? The sales lady at Penzey's spices yesterday said that she'd cheer for me! She'll be there with her family and they'll all be wearing Illini orange!!! I'll have to look for them!

I never did get the cool matching top/shorts/hat race outfit either! I'm actually wearing hubby's old black basketball shorts (yes, from high school... that would be more than 13 years old?!) and a light blue adidas sleevless top with a plain white hat. Yeah, you'll really be able to pick me out of a crowd! Oh, wait, my hair will be in a ponytail! that will help!

So, that post was completely about me... so sorry for those looking for a few notes about sweet pea. I'll post again on sunday or monday - a little race report. If you'd like, say a few prayers for me on sunday from the hours of 8am until no later than 1pm (local time). Yes, that's 5 hours... that will be a 59 minute improvement over last time :) Prayer for strong, positive thoughts running through my head (my biggest problem) and no stomach problems (my second biggest problem).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home