the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

another bad mom of the week award goes to.... ME!

So, after sweet pea's nap yesterday, we went out to run some errands. First, we went to Kohl's to look for t-shirts for sweet pea and funny 80's cloths for me (for a party tomorrow night). Since 80's cloths are back in style, the second item on the to-do list wasn't so hard. I found a somewhat trendy, not too ugly sweater and a scarf on super sale. The scarf will be worn in my hair, headband style with a huge bow on top of my head, madonna style! If I only had some ankle boots with spiky heals!!!

back to the original story...

Sweet pea was pretty cranky, wanting her drink, wanting food, unable to figure out that mommy didn't bring any of that with her and we'd have to wait until we got back out to the car. Oh no... whining/squalking got loud. Oh well... we'd be done soon... it did wear on my patience though (if you remember, hubby's still out of town :)

Next stop, office depot next door. Crankyness decreased a bit b/c she was holding a baggy of teddy grahams and her drink... but still, it was there. Did I mention my patience level?

Got to the car and while I was putting sweet pea in her seat, she grabbed my car keys... yep, my car keys... we've done this many, many times. No worries. UNTIL... I shut her door and walk around the other side to my door and hear a 'click'. Huh... no... was that... couldn't be... yep... sweet pea just locked the car doors. Oh my gosh, you have GOT to be kidding. Nope, she did it, she locked the doors. Oh wait... the little red button on that keyless thingy makes the horn go... all babies like red buttons. OH MY GOSH!!! What am I supposed to do now? Did i mention that my husband is out of town?!

Sooo... I call my neighbors... tell them what's going on while the horn is blairing in the background. Oh, another thing, I'm talking on speaker phone on my cell phone becuase I can't figure out how to turn it off!!! Right after I get off the phone with Michael and Jodi, I hear another 'click'... oh sweet pea, you're SOOOOOO SMART!!! She pushed the right button and tragedy was over. Ahhhh, let's go home and get some dinner... yes... I think I need chocolate too.

On that note, there is actually no edible chocolate in my house. I had german chocolate blocks and unsweetened chocolate blocks... neither of which I can easily bake into something edible. No chocolate chips, no semi-sweet or bittersweet (awesome cookie recipe for both) chocolate... so I ended up eating chocolate teddy grahams and a mug of hot cocoa!!! It was satisfying and I've added chocolate chips and the other to my grocery list :)

have a good day!

1 Comments:

Blogger brandon said...

The part about the chocolate? Yeah, my wife does that on a regular basis too. Better that than alcohol I guess!

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home