State Fair day... daddy rocks!
So, the day we went to the state fair I had a dentist appointment at 8:40. I got up early, got in the shower and ate breakfast before the rest of the family got up (hubby wasn't going to work so he could head to the fair and watch the kids for my dentist appointment).
After breakfast, I went upstair and got Sweet Pea out of bed (it's 8:00), grabbed an outfit for her and a clean diaper and sent her in to wake up daddy. I got peanut out of bed, changed him into dry diapers, a one piece short outfit, and socks. I headed into our room where Sweet Pea and daddy were waking up and thinking about changing and fed Peanut. While I was feeding Peanut, Sweet Pea and Daddy decided to try to go "pee pee on the potty" (for sweet pea, not daddy). So, they were reading books on the potty while I finished feeding the little one. I put the little one into his crib while daddy and Sweet Pea finished up and I left for the dentist.
Remember, everyone was dressed and got up at 8:00...
I got home at 9:40ish and Peanut was in a new outfit. I asked Daddy what happened and he said that Peanut peed on his outfit while he was changing him. I was confused... "even his socks" I said. He replied back... "well, he slept in those socks so I just changed them too".
Hubby thought that Peanut had not been changed yet so he changed him from his outfit into another outfit... almost into the PJ's I left on the changing table, thankfully they got peed on along with the outfit he was wearing. It would have been even funnier if I had come home and Peanut was wearing the PJ's I had just changed him out of!!! I guess boys clothes are harder, hubby didn't know that what Peanut was wearing was an outfit and not PJ's... and the snap PJ's that were laying on his changing table were, in fact, PJ's and not an outfit to go to the state fair in!!!
ON TO THE NEXT funny story... after getting the outfits figured out...
I asked Sweet Pea what she had for breakfast (It's almost 10am at this point) and she said "Oatmeal"... what kind of oatmeal?... "Nanny Oatmeal!"
Which is when Daddy looked at me with a dumb look on his face... "You didn't feed her?!" "Uh, no... I got her up at 8 and sent her into you to get changed"
I guess Sweet Pea told Daddy that she HAD oatmeal for breakfast (what he heard) when she really meant she WANTED oatmeal for breakfast (what she said). So, a baggy full of dry cereal was sent with her in the car on our way to the fair!!!
He's a good daddy... just not sure I'd leave him alone with the kids for extended periods of time yet! Who knows what would happen!!!
After breakfast, I went upstair and got Sweet Pea out of bed (it's 8:00), grabbed an outfit for her and a clean diaper and sent her in to wake up daddy. I got peanut out of bed, changed him into dry diapers, a one piece short outfit, and socks. I headed into our room where Sweet Pea and daddy were waking up and thinking about changing and fed Peanut. While I was feeding Peanut, Sweet Pea and Daddy decided to try to go "pee pee on the potty" (for sweet pea, not daddy). So, they were reading books on the potty while I finished feeding the little one. I put the little one into his crib while daddy and Sweet Pea finished up and I left for the dentist.
Remember, everyone was dressed and got up at 8:00...
I got home at 9:40ish and Peanut was in a new outfit. I asked Daddy what happened and he said that Peanut peed on his outfit while he was changing him. I was confused... "even his socks" I said. He replied back... "well, he slept in those socks so I just changed them too".
Hubby thought that Peanut had not been changed yet so he changed him from his outfit into another outfit... almost into the PJ's I left on the changing table, thankfully they got peed on along with the outfit he was wearing. It would have been even funnier if I had come home and Peanut was wearing the PJ's I had just changed him out of!!! I guess boys clothes are harder, hubby didn't know that what Peanut was wearing was an outfit and not PJ's... and the snap PJ's that were laying on his changing table were, in fact, PJ's and not an outfit to go to the state fair in!!!
ON TO THE NEXT funny story... after getting the outfits figured out...
I asked Sweet Pea what she had for breakfast (It's almost 10am at this point) and she said "Oatmeal"... what kind of oatmeal?... "Nanny Oatmeal!"
Which is when Daddy looked at me with a dumb look on his face... "You didn't feed her?!" "Uh, no... I got her up at 8 and sent her into you to get changed"
I guess Sweet Pea told Daddy that she HAD oatmeal for breakfast (what he heard) when she really meant she WANTED oatmeal for breakfast (what she said). So, a baggy full of dry cereal was sent with her in the car on our way to the fair!!!
He's a good daddy... just not sure I'd leave him alone with the kids for extended periods of time yet! Who knows what would happen!!!

1 Comments:
That was such a funny story! And sounds like such a guy thing! God love them! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home