the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Friday, November 02, 2007

Potty training, day two

Tally....

3 puddles on the kitchen floor
1 puddle on my bedroom carpeting (and a wet stool as she was climbing onto our bed... THAT was a close one)

1 wet Dora
1 wet Elmo
1 wet Curious George

Dry... Zoe and Dora, take 2

Many, many little baggies of:
m&m's
mini m&m's
peanut m&m's
dots
sour patch kids
dum dum's
oreo cookie

Prizes:
mini pony
mini pony's friend, mini pony
super ball w/ spider man for her friend sammy
jar of bubbles for around her neck (that got taken away when she spilled)

m&m's are MUCH more exciting than any of the prices in her bucket... she was getting candy to sit on the potty and a prize to GO on the potty until she figured out that she only had to sit on the potty to get candy... she's a quick one! We went to the potty every 3.5 minutes a few times in a row, without actually pottying, before I changed the rules. Now, the candy and prize buckets have been married and she only gets something if she puts something IN the potty.

Yesterday, dinner was ready and she was CRYING because she wanted to sit on the potty until she went... she REALLY wanted those m&m's. I made her get off of the potty to eat dinner. Not sure if that move is a good one when you're training a 2 year old, but I was DARN tired of hanging out in the bathroom. The bathroom is clean... reorganized... I started folding laundry in the bathroom in the afternoon (there's something about putting clean clothes on the bathroom floor while you're folding it that grossed me out).

She's doing great though. As tired as I was by the time hubby got home... she's 2 and she's learning. I was seriously drained, with nothing left to give anyone... but it will be worth it - hopefully sooner than later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home