the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Monday, October 08, 2007

I want my name!!!

So, for Sweet Pea's birthday (yes, a long time ago) a friend got her a CD where the singers use her name. I put it in the house and played it for her once or twice... no big deal.

A few months later, that same friend gave me another copy of the CD because the company that made it sent them another one for some reasone. This one I put in the car and played it for her a few times. She loved it!!!! For, what seemed like months, every time we got into the car she asked for her name! I tried to 'take turns' with her so I could listen to the radio too... that didn't work. I wouldn't let her listen to it if she didn't say please the first time... that worked pretty well since she didn't remember to say please the first time...

"mommy, first time, please" (her response to my statement - "you have to say please the first time")

Soooo, I pretended to take the CD out of the car and I moved Peanut's radio/CD player into Sweet Pea's room. There, is Her Name (what she calls the CD where they say her name). Now, when she asks right the first time, she can listen to her name any time she wants to!!!!!!!

"mommy, my name, please"

"SURE!!!! I'll turn it on for you!!!!"

... and I proceed to my room where I can read a book, put clothes away, clean the bathroom, anything uninterupted because she is listening to her name!!!!!!!!

Hated the CD for awhile, now I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home