the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire... not really
So, we're getting a new roof put on today. There are four non-english speaking gentlemen on my roof... it's weird, not being able to communicate with people working on your house. I just keep refilling a gallon pitcher with gatorade and ice and setting it outside and smiling at them. It's really sad that I can't speak any other language... very sad.
Sweet pea, who doesn't normally take a morning nap, is sleeping right now. I put her in her room because they weren't making alot of noise at the time. I know, not very smart, but I did it anyway. I can actually hear the workers pounding nails through her monitor, LOUD and clear yet she is still sleeping. She's a funny girl.
The reason she's probably tired is that she had her one year check up this morning. I had to wake her up (couldn't bring myself to take her to the doctor in her pj's with no breakfast) a bit early. She got three shots in her arms and blood squeezed out of her finger. She did not like that lady squeezing her finger... she didn't even feel the prick!!! The shots though... oh, that face, the one that says "MOM?! What are you letting these people do to me? That hurts! Mom?!! Do you still love me?!!! I thought you said you would protect me?!" It's amazing that she can say all of that with eyes, lips, and tears. Daddy is taking her in for her next set of shots!!!
Sweet pea is growing well. She's in the 95% for height, 97% head circumference, and 90% weight. WOW! We think that means that she'll be tall, 'muscular', and SMART! HA! And, if you're wondering, NO - they didn't include her ears in the head circumference measurement! She DOES take after her daddy when it comes to ear size and shape... luckily she's a girl and can grow her hair long. She just might not be able to pull her hair into a pony tail without getting laughs!
Did you all know that they recommend little ones stay away from peanuts until they are 2 or 3 now? Huh?! She's already had a little "pad thai" - and it had small chopped peanuts in it. I guess she won't be enjoying her first peanut butter and jelly sandwich for a bit longer.... bummer. Thankfully, she still enjoys her macaroni and cheese... two childhood favorites!
Sweet pea, who doesn't normally take a morning nap, is sleeping right now. I put her in her room because they weren't making alot of noise at the time. I know, not very smart, but I did it anyway. I can actually hear the workers pounding nails through her monitor, LOUD and clear yet she is still sleeping. She's a funny girl.
The reason she's probably tired is that she had her one year check up this morning. I had to wake her up (couldn't bring myself to take her to the doctor in her pj's with no breakfast) a bit early. She got three shots in her arms and blood squeezed out of her finger. She did not like that lady squeezing her finger... she didn't even feel the prick!!! The shots though... oh, that face, the one that says "MOM?! What are you letting these people do to me? That hurts! Mom?!! Do you still love me?!!! I thought you said you would protect me?!" It's amazing that she can say all of that with eyes, lips, and tears. Daddy is taking her in for her next set of shots!!!
Sweet pea is growing well. She's in the 95% for height, 97% head circumference, and 90% weight. WOW! We think that means that she'll be tall, 'muscular', and SMART! HA! And, if you're wondering, NO - they didn't include her ears in the head circumference measurement! She DOES take after her daddy when it comes to ear size and shape... luckily she's a girl and can grow her hair long. She just might not be able to pull her hair into a pony tail without getting laughs!
Did you all know that they recommend little ones stay away from peanuts until they are 2 or 3 now? Huh?! She's already had a little "pad thai" - and it had small chopped peanuts in it. I guess she won't be enjoying her first peanut butter and jelly sandwich for a bit longer.... bummer. Thankfully, she still enjoys her macaroni and cheese... two childhood favorites!

1 Comments:
Yeah, stay way from those peanuts for awhile. Not worth the risk! We had Emerson tested several months ago, and she is clear! If you've had "natural" peanut butter, then almond butter is not much of a stretch. They don't make Jif almond butter unfortunately!
Post a Comment
<< Home