Can anyone say HOT?!
So, it's 200 degrees today with 150% humidity... hubby hates the winters here, I hate heat and humidity.
Yep, the curly hair I was blessed with hates the humidity too... holy cow, it's a wild hair day (thanks, mom)!
At 4:50am, it was already 71 degrees... not the best day to get a long run in. Luckily, the long runs are supposed to be sllloooowwww. We (my friend, heidi and I) started running at 5:45 and finished around 8:30 and it was blazing hot. Heidi described our pace at the end as the "ranger shuffle" (she spent a few years in ROTC and then the Army), I'll describe it as the "old lady shuffle". The running club we usually run with was starting their run at 7am... that sounded HORRIBLE to us since the highs today were supposed to reach high 90's/low 100's. On days like today, it's really fun to weigh yourself before you leave for a run and then again after. I actually lost 5 pounds in 3 hours today!!! I know, not so good, not so safe in such heat... I carried water with me though and refilled the bottle when it was empty!!!
The family spent the afternoon walking around the mall. Yes, the mall. The good thing about the mall is that it's not house, it's air conditioned, and it has great potential for people watching. Hubby really took one for the team there... he's more than happy to sit around the house, I need to get out!
Sweet pea still isn't running around and shooting baskets. She can walk, she's shown us quite a few times. I guess crawling is just easier... takes after her dad, "do what's easiest" or "why do today what I can not do tomorrow?" Thankfully, I love them both... even though they are procrastinators!!!
Yep, the curly hair I was blessed with hates the humidity too... holy cow, it's a wild hair day (thanks, mom)!
At 4:50am, it was already 71 degrees... not the best day to get a long run in. Luckily, the long runs are supposed to be sllloooowwww. We (my friend, heidi and I) started running at 5:45 and finished around 8:30 and it was blazing hot. Heidi described our pace at the end as the "ranger shuffle" (she spent a few years in ROTC and then the Army), I'll describe it as the "old lady shuffle". The running club we usually run with was starting their run at 7am... that sounded HORRIBLE to us since the highs today were supposed to reach high 90's/low 100's. On days like today, it's really fun to weigh yourself before you leave for a run and then again after. I actually lost 5 pounds in 3 hours today!!! I know, not so good, not so safe in such heat... I carried water with me though and refilled the bottle when it was empty!!!
The family spent the afternoon walking around the mall. Yes, the mall. The good thing about the mall is that it's not house, it's air conditioned, and it has great potential for people watching. Hubby really took one for the team there... he's more than happy to sit around the house, I need to get out!
Sweet pea still isn't running around and shooting baskets. She can walk, she's shown us quite a few times. I guess crawling is just easier... takes after her dad, "do what's easiest" or "why do today what I can not do tomorrow?" Thankfully, I love them both... even though they are procrastinators!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home