She's one years old - and we survived 4 nights camping!!!

We can't believe it, sweet pea's already one year's old! We left on July 1st for Chain of Lakes state park in northwest Illinois. After dinner with some friends, we had cupcakes and sang happy birthday. Of course, daddy and I forgot the video recorder... oh well.
It was super fun. A great weekend visiting with friends. It's so wierd to think that just three short summers ago, there was only one child between the four couples!!! Now, there are 6!
It rained just a bit during the 5 days/4 nights. We survived it pretty well by hanging out in our tents for awhile and waiting for it to pass. That day, we found a big mall and had the kids run around. We then headed out later that night to try and find fire works - with no luck. We were pretty worried about getting locked out of the state park, which closed it's gate at 11:30. We would have had to walk three miles to our campsite, with sleeping kids and no flashlights :) HA!!! We decided to walk around lake geneva and eat ice cream (nice compromise, if you ask me).

Sweet pea sleeps in her own sleeping bag, which works pretty well throughout the night. When she's 'falling asleep' it's a little tricky because she's crawling all over the place. We just go in when we are ready for bed and pick her up and put her in her bag for the night. Last time we camped, in May she had JUST started crawling so she slept well in between us. Now, she has to sleep on an end because she rolls to much and likes to plaster herself against something to sleep. Next summer, she'll probaby be able to unzip the tent, who knows what we'll have to do then!!! The three other couples brought pack 'n plays for their babies/toddlers... I guess we'll need a bigger tent to fit the pack 'n play?! Thank goodness my aunt and uncle were kind enough to watch Jake (the dog) for us for the weekend! It would have been tight quarters, especially when it rained!
I should go... back to reality tomorrow. Hubby's heading to work, I'm tutoring in the morning, and I still need to unpack the camping stuff and disinfect everything :)
few more pics :
"mommy... mommy... Mommy... MOMMY?!!!" (sweet pea didn't want to be ready for bed... I don't think she liked the fact that we were all laughing and I got up to get the camera)
Our friend's little girl was so good with sweet pea, we wanted to take her home with us. She was reading to her in this pic... and sweet pea LOVES her books! Favorites are any cardboard lift the flap books and the touch and feel books, especially "playtime" because grandma taught her where her hair is with that book!!!!


2 Comments:
Looks like fun guys. I see Jeff and Tiff were along. We mess them and all you guys a lot. Your little sweet pea is adorable! She seems like a really fun kid.
Things have been interesting here in the neighborhood. I've been meaning to post about some of our experiences as of late, but haven't got the chance. Your old house on Warner has a jungle for a front yard, by the way. You guys really need to come back and mow.
So Much Fun!!! I had no idea who you went camping with when you were referring to your friends, until I saw that last picture, and I thought I know them . .. and them . .. and them. I think it is so awesome that you guys all keep in touch. What a fun, fun group. I'm glad you had such a great time. Tell everyone the Wentz's send their greetings.
Post a Comment
<< Home