the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Sunday, June 25, 2006

A few hours at the zoo...

So, we got home from church, had lunch, mowed the lawn, etc. Sweet pea woke up from her nap, and I was instantly bored. Something about afternoons, I just need to get out of the house. Poor daddy, doesn't understand my need to get out of the house :) Soooo, I talked him into going to the Zoo! It's free (we have a pass), we just grabbed some water, a sippy cup, some graham crackers and we were on our way.

(pics to follow... sorry, not downloaded from the camera yet)

It's a really nice zoo, not as nice as other's we've been to, but nice enough. I'm not sure how you compare to the National Zoo in Washington D.C. or even the Toledo Zoo (really, the zoo in Toledo is top notch!!!). It was a nice day though. We saw buffalo, a prairie dog town, zebra, giraffes, and a real live FARM!!! Ha!!! We actually watched a cow get milked! I assume the milking is really cool for the kids that live no where near a corn field! The questions the kids asked were hilarious... "does the milk ever fall out?", "what happens if you don't milk the cow?"... the nice lady explained that the milk doesn't fall out but the cow will actually leak when she gets too full and if you don't milk the cow she'll be really, really miserable and get really sick!!! Ha!!! Just like us humans!!!

So daddy, who didn't want to go actually enjoyed it the most. I'm sure we have 150 pictures of something called a Tarkin. It was in the Africa section of the zoo and I've never seen one... nothing excited, a four legged hoofed animal. The red-butted monkeys had their pictures taken a bunch too... the nice thing is, all the pictures are digital so we don't have to develop a single Tarkin or butt monkey!!!

Sweet pea just had fun hanging out and touching the baby goats... otherwise, she was oblivious to all... sweet, but oblivious! We love her!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger brandon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home