another post and no pics :)
Yes, it's been a little over a week and I'm posting again without any pictures. I'm posting on our laptop which doesn't have the cool little memory card slots that our desktop has and, well, I'm feeling just a little third trimester tired-ness right now.
It's almost like I had NO energy today. Everything took more effort than it should... it's 8:30, she's asleep and I should be finishing a few projects or cleaning the kitchen or putting the laundry away!? Instead, I'm sitting here...
My brother and his girlfriend are in Iraq... actually, my brother may still be in Spain on his way to Iraq. They seem to be doing fine, asking for AA batteries and Swiffer... yes, swiffer!!! I guess they use swiffer to clean the floors? It's nice, they have email access... great stuff!
Sweet Pea's vocabulary is expanding exponentially! Last week, she started adding the word 'two' to the end of sentences.
"Sweet pea drink two?"
"mommy go outside two?"
"Daddy shoes, mommy shoes two? Sweet Pea shoes two?"
AND... she started saying "no, thank you" if she doesn't want something! Really funny... she learned this by listening to other people I guess!!!
This Saturday, we were on our way to the zoo, and Sweet pea threw up on the was... same spot as she threw up on the way to church one day... we're now calling it throw up corner. We are certain that she gets car-sick. No more reading books right after eating breakfast in the car!!! So, we turned around and Sweet Pea was so said. She wanted to go and see slippery fish!!! She wanted Dolphins (clap, clap, clap...). So, we went home and changed and headed out again! Agh, she has us wrapped around her finger :) We really got to the zoo, walked to the tropical fish area and walked around for 20-25 minutes (a small area looking into the tropical tank). We then walked to the Dolphin area and went to the dolphin show and sat for 20 minutes. Then, we left! Quickest trip to the zoo EVER!
To make the day turn worse, we left the zoo and headed to IKEA... hubby's least favorite store in the entire area!!! We bought a Futon though... something for guests to sleep on when they're in town. Sweet Pea's taking over our guest bedroom... no place for guests. So, it won't exactly be the Hilton, but it'll be a room with a door and privacy (and an x-box and huge-screen TV... hubby's actually thinking of sleeping down there and giving guests our room!)!.
The other thing we did this weekend as a family :) was take Sweet Pea to feed the ducks... she LOVES it and it's the easiest thing ever!!! I still haven't seen the female ducks... they still must be sitting on eggs...
That's it... random thoughts from a tired mom. I guess I'll sign off and get some sleep... we'll try again another day (hoping for a little more cohesiveness and direction in my blog!).
-c
It's almost like I had NO energy today. Everything took more effort than it should... it's 8:30, she's asleep and I should be finishing a few projects or cleaning the kitchen or putting the laundry away!? Instead, I'm sitting here...
My brother and his girlfriend are in Iraq... actually, my brother may still be in Spain on his way to Iraq. They seem to be doing fine, asking for AA batteries and Swiffer... yes, swiffer!!! I guess they use swiffer to clean the floors? It's nice, they have email access... great stuff!
Sweet Pea's vocabulary is expanding exponentially! Last week, she started adding the word 'two' to the end of sentences.
"Sweet pea drink two?"
"mommy go outside two?"
"Daddy shoes, mommy shoes two? Sweet Pea shoes two?"
AND... she started saying "no, thank you" if she doesn't want something! Really funny... she learned this by listening to other people I guess!!!
This Saturday, we were on our way to the zoo, and Sweet pea threw up on the was... same spot as she threw up on the way to church one day... we're now calling it throw up corner. We are certain that she gets car-sick. No more reading books right after eating breakfast in the car!!! So, we turned around and Sweet Pea was so said. She wanted to go and see slippery fish!!! She wanted Dolphins (clap, clap, clap...). So, we went home and changed and headed out again! Agh, she has us wrapped around her finger :) We really got to the zoo, walked to the tropical fish area and walked around for 20-25 minutes (a small area looking into the tropical tank). We then walked to the Dolphin area and went to the dolphin show and sat for 20 minutes. Then, we left! Quickest trip to the zoo EVER!
To make the day turn worse, we left the zoo and headed to IKEA... hubby's least favorite store in the entire area!!! We bought a Futon though... something for guests to sleep on when they're in town. Sweet Pea's taking over our guest bedroom... no place for guests. So, it won't exactly be the Hilton, but it'll be a room with a door and privacy (and an x-box and huge-screen TV... hubby's actually thinking of sleeping down there and giving guests our room!)!.
The other thing we did this weekend as a family :) was take Sweet Pea to feed the ducks... she LOVES it and it's the easiest thing ever!!! I still haven't seen the female ducks... they still must be sitting on eggs...
That's it... random thoughts from a tired mom. I guess I'll sign off and get some sleep... we'll try again another day (hoping for a little more cohesiveness and direction in my blog!).
-c

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home