the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

week 1, 4 kids :)

So, we've been MIA for three weeks... what have we been doing??

Week one was spent watching our neighbors (and good friends) three kids while then went to Colombia on a job interview. Three kids... yep, that makes a total of 4 kids for 4 days!!! Luckily, the two oldest are in school all day so it was just Sweet Pea, Sammy and I during the day. It was a great week, but boy was I tired!!! The first day, I was asleep on the couch at 9:05! They are really good boys though, we couldn't ask for an easier babysitting job.

One day, Sweet Pea, Sammy and I went to the zoo. It was a great day looking at the animals, seeing the fish (Sweet Pea's FAVORITE thing - she calls them "slippery fish"), watching the dolphin show, eating lunch and going home. Wow... I decided to try the day without a stroller, not the best decision I've ever made. I didn't want to spend the money renting a double stroller and the hand-me-down we have wasn't available when I left. The kids were troopers though. We all slept soundly THAT afternoon!


A loud sound distracted the pose...


Sweet Pea smiling!!! I try to get her before she smiles, sometimes I'm not so lucky.



On friday, we went to our neighborhood park when the boys got home from school. It was so WARM!!! Sweet Pea could walk up and down those stairs the entire time we're there. I think it makes her feel like a 'big person', so independant. She can't reach the railing most times so we either have to carry her or she climbs on her hands and knees.

Here are all of the boys, having fun climbing around...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home