the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Monday, February 11, 2008

6 months, already?

So, I asked a friend last week if time flew with kids... she said yes, and it keeps getting faster. Peanut turned 6 months old last monday... wow, 6 months already. It seems that he just started taking regular naps a few weeks ago (wait, he did start taking regular naps just a few weeks ago).

I can't believe how fast time flies... I'm old enough to have 2 kids, one that doesn't stop talking and another that is getting bigger and bigger! Two kids!!! God has trusted me to care for two kids!!! He's crazy :)

Peanut's checkup was uneventful. Hubby had me ask our doctor about things that only men are worried/interested about :) She said things are fine, he's just a little pudgy (her words, not mine), so it doesn't stick out as far!!! Oh... THAT one's going to come back and bite me someday. I can already hear it.... "Mom, did you really have to write that for all to see?". Oh well, my mom has pictures of my brother and me naked in the bathtub together... and some of those outfits she let me wear... and some of those haircuts I got... and that one pair of glasses she let me buy... Is it the mom's job to embarrass their kids?

Soooo, Peanut's healthy and growing rapidly. 18.5 pounds (70something %) and 27 inches, maybe (80something percentile). Can you tell that these numbers don't mean as much to me as they do to hubby. I bet if I asked him right now, he'd remember every number. Infact, he'd probably remember what percentile Sweet Pea was at 6 months!!!

He's sitting up by himself for a few minutes at a time. He then either tips right or left or face plants (he's not so happy when this happens). He hasn't rolled over yet... but the doctor's not worried. She said that it's harder for the chubby babies to roll over (really, she called him pudgy and chubby!).

Last week WAS a crazy week for us though. A space heater we had in Peanuts room, the cord blew in half and caught on fire just a tad (is there such thing as a 'small fire'). We're pretty happy that it happened when we were in his room... actually, that's an understatement... Two days later, I tripped walking down the stairs. Not a big deal except that I was carrying Peanut. That's always been a huge fear of mine since I've had kids... tripping while carrying them. I'm a bit clumsy... yep, me, clumsy. Well, Peanut came out of my arms and did a little head over heal tumble and landed at the bottom. I can't remember much of how we fell... just that it was scarey and we fell. We decided to head into the ER b/c he was crying a bit odd and he was laughing when I tried to tickle him (he's SUPER ticklish). They did a CT scan and found nothing wrong... sent us home with an antibiotic for an ear infection they found. The next morning the bruise/rug burn on his head was almost gone. Hubby got the camera out to try and document the occasion... so when I was ready, he could make fun of me :) Love, yep Love... he really does love me!

But, we're all healthy and happy...

I'll try and get some pics up during nap this afternoon!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger brandon said...

Wow - that is so scary. Glad everyone is all right. Seems to happen to the best of us - Jenny fell down the stairs with Greta when she had just turned 1. And I mean head first. Greta had two stitches in the side of her head, and Jenny had some nasty bruises and scrapes. It was scary. I promptly installed a handrail on those stairs!

Your kids are getting so big! Iris is 7 months and probably only about 13 pounds! We grow 'em small 'round here.

Miss you guys.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home