the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Monday, January 21, 2008

agh... so tired

Soooo, it's now 1/22... almost a month since my last post.

We don't have any new pictures but I would argue that the kids aren't changing much right now. Peanut is getting rounder and Sweet Pea is getting taller. How does a 2.5 year old start growing out of 3T pants before the season is even over! Luckily, she has some that are still too long. Her little tushy isn't keeping some of the elastic waste pants up so the legs drag on the floor.

Yesterday, we headed north to visit my aunt and uncle (grandma's brother, as we explained to Sweet Pea). Peanut was hilarious... we've been trying to get him to eat solids, only being successful at dinner. Yesterday, he had the equivalent of a jar of peas, a jar of pears with rice mixed in, and three servings of mashed potatoes (not the baby version of potatoes). It was hilarious!!! He just kept shoveling it in (well, hubby was doing the shoveling and complaining about his arm hurting). Today, he's a little constipated and not so interested in eating his prunes and oatmeal :) I would think that prunes would be good, they're sweet!

He's blowing raspberries all of the time. His lower lip goes in and out and in and out as he blows spit all over his chin!!! Drooling is also his favorite pasttime. No teeth yet, but if they don't come soon I'll be amazed. That's just alot of drool from one mouth.

On that note, Sweet Pea still drools too!!! No teeth coming into her mouth, we think she's just lazy and doesn't like to swallow!!!

On the note of laziness... our potty trainer has started to really enjoy "holding it". It's the funniest thing EVER. She starts dancing and marching!!! Hubby and I are laughing as we yell at her to Gooooooo already. She can't stop moving long enough to get her pants down w/o peeing. She's had at least one accident the past three days because she's holding it. It's so frustrating b/c we know she knows and she knows she knows... she has to just GO. AND, it's not like she's playing here with other kids and doesn't want to stop!!! She's here by herself and she's just to lazy?! I don't know.

Today, she got scolded for holding it and peeing in her pants (while dancing in the bathroom trying to get her stool and seat out so she could go potty). She was so upset at me... she wanted her daddy; "I want daddy... I want daddy... I want (you get the picture)". So, we called daddy. He wasn't able to answer so he got a voice mail of her wailing!!! I'm such a mean mom :)

Sweet Pea's favorite thing to say:
"Is that a good idea?"

It's hilarious... she'll tell a story or ask a question and then say, "is that a good idea, mom?"

She also says, "in the wind" all the time. I've figured out that it's her make-believe/pretend words. She says it when she's reading to herself or talking on her pretend phone or talking to her babies.

When she pretends to talk on the phone, she'll look me square in the eyes and say, "I'm on the phone, don't talk to me". Unfortuneatly, when I'M on the phone, she still talks to me?! Soooo, that makes me believe that she knows she's not supposed to talk when I'm on the phone, she just choosed to bother me anyway?

She woke up today and pointed to her pj pants and said that she had baby in her underpants. I was seriously confused and very concerned (where did she get this idea), until I finally deciphered that she had PEE PEE in her underpants (she had trainers on). WOW, that was a scary moment....

That's all of the stories I can think of for now. Hopefully, I'll post more now that Peanut is taking two naps a day. Yep, you heard me right... he's sleeping!!! In the afternoon, I'm actually putting them down at the same time!!! WOW! I'm a new woman!!! I can actually work for an hour or two, do some housework, get dinner going, or watch last nights TiVo'd shows!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home