the family notes...

just our life, some pictures, some dumb stories, some funny stories... we miss our family and old friends, hoping to share a small snapshot of what we do here...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bentonville, AR, United States

Friday, June 26, 2009

Jackson Arrived!!!

Well, today is my actual due date and we've been home from the hospital since yesterday. I can't imagine how uncomfortable I'd be right now if I were still pregnant. And... Jackson was 9#5oz, he didn't need anymore time "cooking"!!!

Tuesday, early in the a.m., contractions started. As usual, I headed downstairs to watch tv since I wasn't sleeping anyway. I timed the contractions to about 7-10 minutes apart, took a shower, called the midwives, then woke up Phil. Phil got up, showered, took his time, shaved, etc. :) We headed to the hospital around 5:45.

It was a pretty slow morning, nothing spectacular. We got in line for the epidural (there was a c-section and another epidural in front of us). As usual, I start thinking.. I can handle these contractions... I'll wait for the epidural. Thankfully Phil talked me into getting in line b/c it took 1.5 hours to get it.

About an hour or so after getting the epidural, we were ready!!!

And... it was a boy. This is the first time we haven't found out the sex of the baby, and I wouldn't recommend not finding out to anyone!!! Until... the last 5 minutes of labor/delivery... that anticipation was pretty darn cool. It's so strange to learn, it's a boy, at the end!!! Pretty exciting, really.

1:30 in the afternoon, Jackson James Shellhammer was born. The nurses were saying, "wow, he's a big boy" but he looked normal to me, until he was weighed. 9#5oz, really!?? Maybe that's why I was sooooo uncomfortable the last few weeks. 21 3/8" long. yes, a big boy. For the 2 days we were there, he was certainly the biggest baby in the nursery.

The kids, Audrey and Andrew, were absolutly hilarious. The came into our room like a tornado!!! wow... climbing all over everything. Andrew kept yelling, "baby - gak, baby - gak" over and over again. They were literally throwing presents into Grandma Shellhammer's lap, where baby jack was sleeping.

We slept there two nights before coming home. The second night was the best night's sleep I've had in months!!! Send Jack down to the nursery after a late feeding, fall asleep, the nurses bring him to me around 3:30am and I feed him and send him back down to the nursery and sleep until 7:30!!! it felt wonderful. It helped that Phil wasn't trying to sleep in the room that night... he snores.

here are some pics... we'll keep them coming as time comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home