long time, no post :)
So, I took a new job... and my kids run in circles... and the house never is actually clean... and food always needs to be cooked... not to mention the laundry, oh the laundry...
diapers
baths
runny noses
the list could go on and on and on
NEW JOB...
I was working about 8 hours a week coordinating the baby through pre-k children's ministry at our church. It was a pretty big team of volunteers and some coloring sheets and crafts to get together every week. Easy and fun... the hardest part being the recruiting of volunteers. I think people actually avoid me in the church lobby now :) I am now in charge of the entire children's ministry, babies through 5th grade. I am hoping to get the job done in 15 hours even though my pastor wanted me to work 20 hours per week. I couldn't quite fit 20 hours into my schedule... yes, there are 20 hours available to work during a week but I really like being a mom!!! I quit my teaching job almost 3 years ago because I wanted to be a stay at home mom. I like taking Sweet Pea to her community ed. classes and the zoo. We spent 2 1/2 hours at the park yesterday. Tuesday, we went to the zoo... all things that are very important to me!!! Besides the fun parts of being here with the kids, there's also all of the menial duties that keep this house running somewhat smoothly. Sooooo, beginning uh, sooner than later, I am now the Children's ministry director at South Metro Vineyard Chuch!!! yikes!!!
RECENT TRIP
Sooo, the pics you've seen with no commentary are from my recent trip to see grandparents. We had a great time!!! Sweet Pea was in her element, getting all of the attention she could from anyone who would give it to her. By the end of the trip, she got the hang of pushing the 'gas' peddle and turning the steering wheel at the same time on the electric john deer tractor. She also got pretty good at kicking a big boucy ball all over the back yard. While down at hubby parents house, she gave us all heart attacks while we tried to take her fishing. She has no idea of her surroundings or what it means to trip and fall into a large body of water... she made us all nervous as she ran around a pond, but didn't fall in. She didn't catch anything... actually neither did bobby, grandma or mommy!!! Great Aunt Weez caught a fish, as did her friend Robert!!! Robert had never been fishing before either!!! By the end of the fishing trip, I actually got Sweet Pea to touch a minnow too!!! The ones she touched were dead, but hey, she touched them!!!
Traveling on a plane with two kids by yourself isn't the most fun thing in the world. I think we'll squeeze some extra money out of our budget next time and fly direct... layovers are for the birds!!! Also, I decided to travel with very small luggage since it's easier to handle and won't exceed a weight limit that I'd have to pay for. I packed 3 very small suitcases and 1 medium one... no problem... until the return flight. Apparently, Delta changed their rules the DAY before I flew home. You could NOW only check ONE bag per person!!! I had to pay $50 to get home!!! How can they change the rules mid-trip and not tell me??? I'd rather have spent that $50 on a new suitcase to repack things! Also, if I hadn't been carting two kids through the aiport, I would have carried-on two bags and not spent a cent!!! Stinky rule change... they'll be getting a letter from me soon!
SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!!!
While I was visiting grandparents, the weather was beautiful!!! 60-70 the entire time. The trees were budding, the flowers were popping up, and the grass was green. Hubby called a few days after I arrived... it was snowing... oh my gosh!!!! Yep, this place is a frozen tundra. I finally caught up on laundry on monday and I washed a pair of thermal underwear!!! How many of you wash thermal underwear in May!!!!!
Well, Peanut is actually in shorts today. Super cute. We all have pasty white legs, but hey... so does everyone else around here!!!
Hopefully I'll blog more later... time is up for now.
diapers
baths
runny noses
the list could go on and on and on
NEW JOB...
I was working about 8 hours a week coordinating the baby through pre-k children's ministry at our church. It was a pretty big team of volunteers and some coloring sheets and crafts to get together every week. Easy and fun... the hardest part being the recruiting of volunteers. I think people actually avoid me in the church lobby now :) I am now in charge of the entire children's ministry, babies through 5th grade. I am hoping to get the job done in 15 hours even though my pastor wanted me to work 20 hours per week. I couldn't quite fit 20 hours into my schedule... yes, there are 20 hours available to work during a week but I really like being a mom!!! I quit my teaching job almost 3 years ago because I wanted to be a stay at home mom. I like taking Sweet Pea to her community ed. classes and the zoo. We spent 2 1/2 hours at the park yesterday. Tuesday, we went to the zoo... all things that are very important to me!!! Besides the fun parts of being here with the kids, there's also all of the menial duties that keep this house running somewhat smoothly. Sooooo, beginning uh, sooner than later, I am now the Children's ministry director at South Metro Vineyard Chuch!!! yikes!!!
RECENT TRIP
Sooo, the pics you've seen with no commentary are from my recent trip to see grandparents. We had a great time!!! Sweet Pea was in her element, getting all of the attention she could from anyone who would give it to her. By the end of the trip, she got the hang of pushing the 'gas' peddle and turning the steering wheel at the same time on the electric john deer tractor. She also got pretty good at kicking a big boucy ball all over the back yard. While down at hubby parents house, she gave us all heart attacks while we tried to take her fishing. She has no idea of her surroundings or what it means to trip and fall into a large body of water... she made us all nervous as she ran around a pond, but didn't fall in. She didn't catch anything... actually neither did bobby, grandma or mommy!!! Great Aunt Weez caught a fish, as did her friend Robert!!! Robert had never been fishing before either!!! By the end of the fishing trip, I actually got Sweet Pea to touch a minnow too!!! The ones she touched were dead, but hey, she touched them!!!
Traveling on a plane with two kids by yourself isn't the most fun thing in the world. I think we'll squeeze some extra money out of our budget next time and fly direct... layovers are for the birds!!! Also, I decided to travel with very small luggage since it's easier to handle and won't exceed a weight limit that I'd have to pay for. I packed 3 very small suitcases and 1 medium one... no problem... until the return flight. Apparently, Delta changed their rules the DAY before I flew home. You could NOW only check ONE bag per person!!! I had to pay $50 to get home!!! How can they change the rules mid-trip and not tell me??? I'd rather have spent that $50 on a new suitcase to repack things! Also, if I hadn't been carting two kids through the aiport, I would have carried-on two bags and not spent a cent!!! Stinky rule change... they'll be getting a letter from me soon!
SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!!!
While I was visiting grandparents, the weather was beautiful!!! 60-70 the entire time. The trees were budding, the flowers were popping up, and the grass was green. Hubby called a few days after I arrived... it was snowing... oh my gosh!!!! Yep, this place is a frozen tundra. I finally caught up on laundry on monday and I washed a pair of thermal underwear!!! How many of you wash thermal underwear in May!!!!!
Well, Peanut is actually in shorts today. Super cute. We all have pasty white legs, but hey... so does everyone else around here!!!
Hopefully I'll blog more later... time is up for now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home