ready, set, go!!! egg hunting in the snow!!!
I thought I would write something to these pictures we posted last saturday.
Our church had an egg hunt, and it snowed good friday (and saturday and Easter Sunday... but who's complaining). Since I was running the egg hunt, many many people were asking me what my plan b was... were we going to have the hunt inside?! Nooooo, we couldn't have it inside!!! Our church has a food shelf every saturday morning and about 80 families come in... that's way too much going on inside our building! It was already going to be pretty difficult to keep the egg hunt out of the way of the food shelf :) Soooo, we had it outside! I kept reminding people that it was 20 degrees last year... bitterly cold 20 degrees not a warm and balmy 20 degrees!
Most kids had their snow pants on and I would have happily given kids candy if they didn't want to go and hunt for eggs in the snow... no one took me up on that offer though!!! Everyone went outside and they all had a great time! We had 50 kids (80 last year...) and everyone had fun. Luckily, it was snowing but it was warm. AND, if the snow wasn't there, it would have been muddier than you can imagine!!!
The hunting ground was just beautiful... looked like white frosting with sprinkles (or cookie dough?)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home